cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate inbound GMAILS. Only appear on my BB10 devise

BB10Classic
I've been here awhile

I have three email accounts.  I am receiving duplicate inbound emails on my GMAIL account, only on my Blackberry Classic, not on my desktop email client applications.   My other two email accounts, which are paid email providers, do not have this problem.

In the top email box, I see one email.  When I click on it to open, it takes me to another level where I am seeing two emails.  One has a folder icon to the left of the message header.   The next has an open envelope icon next to the header.   I have to choose one of them before I can open.

Any thoughts?

***Edited Labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Duplicate inbound GMAILS. Only appear on my BB10 devise

RogersCilio
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @BB10Classic,

Welcome to our Community Forums Smiley Happy!

• When did you notice your BB10 was receiving duplicate emails from your Gmail account?
  • Have you tried to remove and re-add your Gmail account from your device?
  • Is there a forwarding rule that may have been set up on your Gmail account recently?
  • Have you rebooted your devices since experiencing the duplicates?

I'll tag our Resident Experts, hopefully they can give us a hand here, @Gdkitty@Datalink@Meowmix.

Does anyone else in the Community have any insight on this?  Feel free to chime in.

RogersCilio

BB10Classic
I've been here awhile

When did you notice your BB10 was receiving duplicate emails from your Gmail account?

> This started happening this week.
Have you tried to remove and re-add your Gmail account from your device?

> Yes.  No Change.
Is there a forwarding rule that may have been set up on your Gmail account recently?

> Just checked.  Forwarding was disabled, however there was an old forwarding rule on display which I deleted.  I then sent a test message from one of my other accounts and it still duplicated.
Have you rebooted your devices since experiencing the duplicates?

> Yes.  I just did that now to be sure and I am still showing duplicates.

BB10Classic
I've been here awhile

It might help if I reframe this explanation.  

When I get a gmail email, it appears in the inbox as one email with a  (2) beside it.  When I click on it, thinking I'm going to read the email, I get to another screen which shows the same sender / subject line twice.  The first line has a folder icon to the left.  The second line has a envelope icon.

If I want to delete the email, I have to delete both occurrences of it.  I don't even bother trying to file an email from the gmail account until I get back to my desktop.

Could it have something to do with the fact that GMAIL has an "important" folder as well as an "inbox" (which I also find annoying when using my mac mail software?

Hello, @BB10Classic

Were you able to resolve the issue? Have you tried removing Gmail account from your Blackberry Classic and adding it again?

You may want to reach out Gmail Help Forum if the issue still exists, thank you.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

BB10Classic
I've been here awhile

Problem still exists.

I have tried removing and re-adding.   I'll look at the GMAIL help forum.  If the solution exists there, I'll post here.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation