Doro phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Doro phone

Have been waiting three years for my contract to end so I could upgrade my Doro phone to a newer model only to be told today by a Rogers employee that these phones are no longer available or even being manufactured because there is not enough demand for them so either I can buy a smart phone for big $ or just keep using my old phone until it dies and then no phone. Well I'm 69 ,retired and I have an I Pad and computer so I don't want or need a smart phone ,just a dumb Doro phone! My husband still has a year left on his contract so if his phone dies during that time what will he replace it with since there are no more Doro phones? I'm not very happy with Rogers at the moment because I don't believe that these phones are no longer on the market.

***Edited Labels***

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Re: Doro phone

Hi @Dreamcatcher

Welcome to the Community Forums!Smiley Happy

I can definitely understand your frustration with receiving the news of discontinuation of the Doro devices.

Unfortunately the Doro phones are no longer carried by Rogers. We do offer basic phones such as the Samsung Rugby 4 and ZTE Z222. You can take a closer look at them here.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

@RogersPrasana

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Dreamcatcher

While it is correct to say that Rogers has discontinued the Doro as indicated by @RogersPrasana, you are also correct in that Doro phones are still available elsewhere and are still being manufactured. I have sent you a PM with further details. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

It's not easy to get a simple basic phone anymore because the fancy smartphones are the big moneymakers. I could buy a car for what people are paying for their smartphones. A couple of years ago I upgraded to an LG-E410B just so I could take pictures. It's a very simple smartphone intended for kids, judging by the cute lunchbox it came in, and is no longer offered by Rogers. I still have my old Nokia 2610 I can revert to if this one breaks. The two flipphones suggested by RogersPrasana look like good replacements for the Doro, but they seem to be associated with contracts, not something you can get for under $100.  When I got the LG, I actually went in the Rogers store to get a Windows phone they were advertising on line, but they didn't have those. 

Here are a couple of inexpensive LG flipphones Rogers has for PayGo:

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirelessBuyFlow?forwardTo=PhoneThenPlan&productType=normal&N=52+11+42...

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

The link I posted to the LG flipphones probably won't work for anyone else. Here they are:

Clipboard01.jpg

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for your post.I had a Samsung pay as you go but I liked the features of the Doro so I got a three year contract which is now over.At the time of signing I was told that I would be able to upgrade to a newer model when the contact was up.I still have the old Samsung which I too can use if the Doro dies.No more contracts for me!
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks JohhnyRockets
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the post.Yes I know about the other two phones but I didnt want to have to buy a phone or sign another contract.I like the Doro phone as it is only $18.50 per mo. and has all the features I need.I was upset because I can't get an upgraded version of it now and have to keep using this old one.
I'm a Senior Advisor

I don't know which Doro phone you had, but here's one for $30. With a contract that includes a "free" phone, you're still paying for it by the time the contract is over. That's why the new 2-year contracts are pricier than the old 3-year ones.

I'm a Regular

@Dreamcatcher

According to Doro website, it appears they are still making the phones. All you need to do is get an unlocked GSM Doro phone.

Unless a touchscreen is an issue, you could also get a Lumis 625 unlocked from microsoftstore.com (be sure to goto the canada store) and you can buy that for $143.10 with free shipping. Great little phone, simple to use, and you can alway turn off data and/or get a data block through Rogers. (Did I mention it has the awesome Here Maps [Here Drive] allows for full offline turn by turn navigation without mobile data, just download over wifi and you got what you need)