Does the z10 have visual voicemail like iPhone?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Does the z10 have visual voicemail like iPhone?

I noticed there is a blackberry value pack that says it includes visual voicemail

so does the z10 blackberry support visual voicemail as well?

if so, how? is it an app like android or is it natively built in like iPhones?

****Edited Labels****

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Does the z10 have visual voicemail like iPhone?

From what i could look up on it from crackberry...

It looks like, the BB10, DOES have a built in visual voicemail part in the OS itself (not an app), but the carrier does have to support it.

From what i could read on there, Bell is the only one with this support in canada at the moment, but apparently rogers is working on it.  Not sure what is involved in it.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ek69

Like GDkitty said, the Z10 is compatible with VVM BUT its up to the carrier to support it. At this time Rogers has not made a comment yet about if they will support it BUT i sure hope so.
I've Been Here Awhile

I love visual voicemail.  I got my z10 on feb 5th and took my about 5 hours before calling rogers about visual voicemail.  I found in the help app on the phone that the z10 has visual voicemail similar to the iphone with pause, rrwd, ffwd functions.  So I called rogers to inquire about it and they told me that this feature was missed in the initial feature book they received from blackberry.  He mentioned he will let the upper peeps at rogers know so they can get woking on it.  He then thanked me for pointing it out and said they will notify all z10 users when they release this feature.  I asked how long it would take, if it would be a couple weeks or a year, and he mentioned it wouldn't take a year.  My guess is 11 months.  lol.  So we will eventuall get it.

I've Been Around

Well, I hate to bring back an old thread from the dead, but I recently found out that Rogers is no longer planning on supporting vvm for BB10. I was sadly waiting for 10.2 to be released thinking my value pack would be of some use, but no luck. Kinda irks me that there wasn't any notification at least to the people who were paying for their value pack. Also, I wonder how Bell got their working for their customers. Seems odd that Rogers can't figure it out. My guess is, with the less than stellar press for bb, Rogers is dropping everything BlackBerry. So much for providing your paying customers the best service possible. Rogers strikes again!
I Plan to Stick Around

Visual voicemail already works flawlessly. No further action is required from Rogers. Just make sure the BlackBerry specific visual voice mail code has been added to yout account.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Just_luc

Like we both said on the other thread, the problem is with the reps. They tell customers its not valid & doesn't work & boom the customer doesn't get it.

The reps ;like you said need to add the specific Blackberry VVM code to work on your account
I've Been Here Awhile

Are you able to share the SOC code of the option needed to get VVM for BB10? I'm unable to convince a rep that is exists...
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello raegangibb

Unfortunately this can not be shared as i do not have it and the user hasn't come bac. Ontop of that this information won't be shared on here as its a code only fo the reps. You can contact Rogers via Live Chat, Facebook and Twitter @RogersHelps to get them to help!