Creating Contacts

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Re: Creating Contacts

Thank you for the information @rensingt this really helps.

The fact not all the LinkedIn contacts are not showing up in the contact list of the Blackberry would indicate there maybe an importing issue with the Backberry's contact application . If you've already tried updating the OS to resolve this I would suggest re-loading the OS, please click here for information on performing a clean reload.

Regards,
RogersArthur

I'm Here A Lot

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for the latest info. However, I went the link you provided on how to reinstall my operating system, but could not find the "Device" menu (instructions you provided are copied below). I did a search on my phone how to do this, but all it provided for was a process to check for softward updates via "system settings" and "Software Updates" (for which it says I have the latest version), and did no provide the dialog box you mentioned in step #2. Would appreciate it if you could provide further instructions (i.e. how to get to the "device" menu.

1. Click the Device menu and select Update...
  2. A dialog box appears and indicates that there are no BlackBerry Device Software updates available, click View other versions in the lower left corner
  3. The check box for the currently installed version is selected in the Available Versions list. Click the Install button
  4. Clear the check box next to Back up device data
  5. Click the Install update button
Retired Moderator

Re: Blackberry OS7 - Contacts

Hi @rensingt the device option should be located in the upper left corner of the Blackberry desktop software (hope the image below helps), please make sure you back-up all you information before you begin.

BlackBerry Desktop.jpg

-OR-

If you've already used the desktop software to try the link / info provided in the earlier post try the following steps below: 

Force reload the operating system on your BlackBerry

1. Remove the battery your the BlackBerry.
  2. Connect your BlackBerry to the computer.
  3. Launch the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
  4. A window will prompt with the following message: BlackBerry Desktop Software cannot communicate with the connected device.
  5. Insert the battery into the BlackBerry without disconnecting the device from the computer. Click update.
    • The Desktop Software will begin checking for BlackBerry device software updates.
  6. Click View other Versions.
  7. Select the current version of BlackBerry Device Software that is installed on the BlackBerry smartphone and click Install.
  8. You can fill in the information which is optional or click Install Update.
  9. The device will now begin reloading the operating system on the BlackBerry.
    • Note: It is recommended to plug in the power if this process is performed on a laptop.
  10. A window will state the operation was successful. Click Close.

Hope this helps,

RogersArthur

I'm Here A Lot

Arthur,

I think I know what the problem is. I have a Blackberry 10 OS, and thus am using Blackberry Link instead of Blackberry Desktop Softward. In Blackberry Link I appear to be able to go to "Preferences" and then choose "Reload Device Software", but it says I will loose all data, files, documents, settings, etc as the device will revert to factory settings.

Todd

Retired Moderator

Understood @rensingt that would explain a lot  Smiley LOL before you reload the OS you'll  first want to back-up all your information. If you haven't already found out how to back-up your information you'll need the following steps below:

Create a Backup file

To backup information from the BlackBerry 10 smartphone, complete the following:

1. Open BlackBerry Link.
  2. Connect the device to the computer using the USB cable.
  3. At the side of the screen, select the device.
  4. Click Back Up & Restore.
    Note: To choose specific information to be backed up, select the Custom Backup option.
  5. Click Back Up Device.
  6. Wait until the backup process has completed before disconnecting your device.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Restore a backup file

To restore a backup file to the BlackBerry 10 smartphone, complete the following:

1. Open BlackBerry Link.
  2. Connect the device to the computer using the USB cable.
  3. At the side of the screen, select the device.
  4. Click Back Up & Restore.
  5. Click Restore Device.
  6. Complete one of the following:
    • To restore all information from a backup file:
      1. Select the backup file.
    • To restore specific information from a backup file:
      1. Select the backup file.
      2. Clear the Restore all data check box.
      3. Select the check box beside one or more databases to restore.
    • To restore information from a backup file that is not listed:
      1. Click the Change Folder icon.
      2. Navigate to the backup file.
      3. Click OK.
  7. Click Restore.
  8. Wait until the restore process has completed before disconnecting your device.

Please Note:

After you reload the device software it's recommend you set-up the device as new and test before restofing your information.

Thanks,

RogersArthur

I'm Here A Lot

This is starting to become frustrating. My last msg to you said I have OS 10 (not OS 7). And I don't think linking my contact with Linked In is the issue. I can see Linked In contacts in my contact list, however it is not a complete list. And when I try to add contact info (i.e. an email address) to my contact list I can see ALL my Linked In contacts, but when I do a simple look at the contact list I only see some of my Linked In contacts. Can you help or not?

Retired Moderator

Hi @rensingt,

I can imagine how frustrating it must be to not have all the LinkedIn contacts show up in the contact list of the Blackberry.

If the LinkedIn contacts are incomplete this may indicate there's an issue with importing. to resolve this issue we'll need to troubleshoot. Maybe one of our resident experts @Meowmix can jump in to assist. But just to make sure we're on the same page let's clarify the following:

What's the LinkedIn application version you're running?

• What's the model number and the OS version of your Blackberry ?

• Have you tried deleting the LinkedIn application and re-installing it?
• Have the LinkedIn application worked before in the past maybe on another device?
• Have you noticed anything different in the information for the LinkedIn contacts that do not show up?

RogersArthur

I'm Here A Lot

1) I tried uninstalling and reinstalling LinkedIn. I now have a LinkedIn subgroup in my Blackberry contact list, which I did not have previously, but no LinkedIn contacts are shown (says "No Contacts").

2) I have LinkedIn version 10.1.31.322 installed on my phone.

3) I have not used LinkedIn on a previous phone. 

4) I have a Blackberry Classic, model number SQC100-4, software version 10.3.2.2474, 

5) I have not noticed any different info in my LinkedIn contacts compared to others.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @rensignt

Have you tried to contact Rogers tech support or BlackBerry tech support to see what they have to say?
I'm Here A Lot

Yes, I have tried Roger's tech support. My previous emails in this string was with a guy named Arthur. His last post he was mentioning yourself as a possible help, but wanted answers to the questions I just sent. Not sure why the email response went to yourself, and not Arthus first.