Creating Contacts

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Creating Contacts

Hey guys,

I noticed on the new Z10, when we create a new Contact ... it is saving the Contact details on the SIM card by default.  Is there any way to change that so the Contacts are saved in the phone instead?

Also ....any way to move/transfer the Contacts in SIM card to Phone .... rather than having to re-enter them?   Thanks in advance.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Creating Contacts

Hello Toronto_User

1.) From looking on BlackBerries website & others, it seems you can ONLY save them on the sim card. There may be a way with the next update but no one knows.

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/47561/mwa1334162478001.jsp

2.) In the Contacts app, swipe down from the top of the screen.
Tap Settings Settings.
To copy all of the contacts from your SIM card to your device memory, tap Import Contacts from SIM Card.
To copy all contacts from your device memory to your SIM card, tap Copy Contacts from Device to SIM Card.
To view your SIM card contacts and decide which ones you want to copy to your device, tap Manage SIM Card Contacts.

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/47561/mwa1334162523496.jsp
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks.  Hopefully they fix that on the next release  Smiley Happy

I guess for now ... we just have do the workaround as you described below.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

I looked around everywhere & could not find anything that would let you save it on the phone. Even when i try right now saving a number on my Z10, it will save it straight into the SIM.

You are welcome 🙂
I've Been Here Awhile

I have been slowly adding contacts to my Z10 since the contacts, among other items, were not copied to my Z10 by device switch.  This is due to the fact that my previous BB was a BES registered device, and my Z10, as yet, is not as outlined on BB's support page.  What I have noted is that if you add a contact manually, ie.: a brand new one, it will actually save a copy/or link to, your local device, your SIM card, and your primary email, if you have one set up.  On mine, at least, this is indicated by the "Links" icon at the bottom of the individual contact page.  You can, if you choose to do so, "unlink" the various "versions" and delete them, and ultimately not have contacts on your SIM card.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

heres a helpfull hint, if you have an email address on your blackberry that supports syncing contacts, you can sync the address book with your email account as well, that way if you ever change phones your contacts follow you. i have had over 5 blackberries in the last few years, and every time i change handset i simply pop my sim card in the new one, re-send my service books to the new device and my contacts will sync from my email account back to the new blackberry automatically, by the way, iphone also supports this, so if more ppl do this then less people will loose contact list

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Pauly

The Z10 does NOT have service books.. They took that out as the Z10 does not have BIS.
I'm Here A Lot

My Linked In contacts do not show in the Blackberry contact list. However, when I try to add a new contact from Linked In to my contacts it shows all my contacts (i.e. Email addresses, phone numbers, Facebook friends, and Linked In). It thus appears that Linked In contacts is not synced to my contact list. Can this be done?

Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Hi @rensingt,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. Smiley Happy

I understand you're looking for a way to sync your LinkedIn contacts to your existing contacts on your Blackberry running OS 7 (according to your 'Blackberry OS7 - Contacts' heading). Using the LinkedIn app gives you the option to download your LinkedIn connections to your Blackberry Contacts.

download your LinkedIn connection.png

You can find the LinkedIn app here.

Are you logging into your LinkedIn account online via web or are you using the app? If you are using the app  have you tried re-installing it? 

Regards,
RogersArthur

I'm Here A Lot

I think I need to clarrify my situation. When I try to add new contact info to my contacts list (i.e. an email address from an email I receive) I see all my contacts, including all Linked In contacts, and can create a new contact or add the info to an existing contact. However, when I simply open my contact list to view my contacts I don't see all my Linked In contacts, only some of them.