Can't access voicemail

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Can't access voicemail

After an OS update on my Rogers Blackberry 10, I can no longer access voicemail. I press and hold "1", a call begins, but immediately ends. Can anyone help?

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersKyleC
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't access voicemail

Does anyone have a Blackberry that might be able to help susanjen out here?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello susanjen

Have you tried contacting Rogers tech support & see if the voicemail number is the same as what they tell you to put in?

Also have you tried a factory reset after the update to see if that will fix it? Which Blackberry 10 device do you have?
I've Been Here Awhile

I know the number IS incorrect, as it is my own phone number. On other Q10's (my husband's) the voicemail number is an entry field where you can change the characters. Mine is not. Rogers tech offered "it's a glitch" and suggested a factory reset. However, I do not have a computer capable of doing a back up, so that won't help at this time.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

When you call in to your Voicemail, you're calling in to the Rogers Voicemail number and not your own phone number. 

Try this:

Open your phone app then swipe down from the top and select Settings then Voicemail. There should be a field showing Access Number. If you don't have one there, you can call Rogers to get it however you might want to try this one first: +15142900728. Make sure you include the '+' sign in front of it. This is a long distance number (for most people) however you will not incur long distance charges when dialing it nor will it use up any of your monthly minutes.

I hope that helps you.  🙂

EDIT: I just noticed that you said you can't change the Access Number so try rebooting your phone. Press and hold the power button for about 15 seconds until you see BlackBerry on your screen. Don't release it until you see BlackBerry, ignoring anything that appears before that.

Cheers.  🙂

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

BillJ is correct, the voice mail number is NOT suppost to be your own number, its suppost to be a special number which is often automatically programmed into the phones sim card when ever an over the air update is done, or it can be manually programmed in via the phones "voice mail number" menu

Once again, the voice mail number is NOT your own number its a special number given to you from rogers, because if you call your own number you risk damaging/deactivating the sim card.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Susanjen, that happened on my Z10 and what I did, was turn the phone off, remove the sim card and turn back on without sim card in. you could try to access the settings for the phone without a sim. Then turn phone off and put sim back in and then reboot the phone. That seemed to correct my voice mail access number. Even try your husbands sim card.
If my answer has helped, please click like or solved if it solved the problem.
I've Been Here Awhile

Don't know why this was marked solved as the OP did not verify that - I suspect there is some issue with voicemail on BlackBerry's. I have several issues as well and don't see any logical fix here.
I've Been Around

Hi,

I changed the phone number of the voicemail by mistake. Now I can't change it for that of Rogers

When i turn off my phone and remove the sim card, the voicemail parameter is no longer accessible. 

So, i can't try your solution????

Hello, @Roline

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. The voicemail retrieval number is location/area based, would you please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps so that we can provide the number? 

Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 in conversation