Caller ID on Z30

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Caller ID on Z30

Here's a wierd one... I get a fast busy signal when dialing a long distance number if I have "Show my number" turned on. If I have it turned off the call goes through just fine. The problem is the call shows as an "Unknown Number" on the other end and many people, myself included, have a tendancy to ignor those calls. I have tried my SIM in a different phone with the same results, had Rogers reset the line, changed the SIM card all without success. Any ideas out there? Thanks

***Edited Labels.**

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Caller ID on Z30

Hello pmills

Hmm have you asked them to remove the Call Display off your account and then having them readd it? Resetting your account doesn't help much other then the network settings.
I'm Here A Lot

Good idea... hadn't thought of that. I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello pmills

Try and see! Let us know 🙂
I'm Here A Lot

Well darn, that didn't work either. Perhaps it's the phone number itself that is the problem? I may have them change the number to see if that makes a difference. What do you think?

Smiley Frustrated

I'm Here A Lot

Update... We tried changing the number that didn't help either. Next up we're going to try changing the name on the account to see if that fixes it. Smiley Frustrated

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello pmills

Changing the name should do the trick. I was looking at some forums that others had the issue on other devices and changing the name worked. Hopefully it works for u as well!
I'm Here A Lot

Well, changing the name didn't work either but what did work was to totally delete my Rogers account and then re-add it. Once that was done everything went back to normal - go figure. Thanks for all the imput everyone.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello pmills

Ahh okay so it could have been that which was causing the problem. Thanks for that! This can help others if they have this issue!.
Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation