Blackberry priv marshmallow update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Blackberry priv marshmallow update?

Just wondering if anyone has received the android 6.0 update for their Blackberry Priv? My new Rogers Priv is on 5.1.1 and the phone will not find a later update when I search. Yet the upgrade schedule on this website says that 6.0.1 is the currently supported version. Any thoughts?

*Edited Labels*

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Blackberry priv marshmallow update?

Hello @Woodypower

My sister got the Priv on launch day and got the update when it was released. The update has reached many as well. It can take a while to get Hehe update when u just got the device.
I'm Here A Lot

Hmmm... I've had the phone for a week and a half now, and still nothing. My buddy has a rogers blackberry dtek50 and it has the update. Any priv owners out there that can check their software version?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Woodypower

Most users have the new update or else it would have been reported on the original thread that was made for this updatet on the Priv.

Have you done a factory reset on the device to see if that will bring it?
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @HarvOne

Unfortunately that isn't helpful in this situation as the OP stated that they already seen the OS Upgrade Schedule Thread and know about the latest update. The OP is asking why his device as not gotten ut
I'm a Senior Advisor

Search Google and crackberry forums, that may help.  This is the official instructions from BB

http://ca.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update/android-os.html

Bruce

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @BS

The OP already said they went into the settings and checked but shows that it's up to date.

Exactly same way u posted above in the link. Unfortunately there is no way of getting the update unless you root the device and get the software that way or wait until the device gets the update.
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for the input. I might try the factory reset. What can I do to avoid losing my photos and having to set up all my settings; emails accounts; and apps again?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Woodypower

Unfortunately even if you back up the device, you wilL still need to redownload all the apps. Follow the link below for more information.

https://help.blackberry.com/en/priv/5.1/help/mwa1436901775432.html