Blackberry Z10 ; BOSE headphones make popping noises; regular earbuds work ok

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Blackberry Z10 ; BOSE headphones make popping noises; regular earbuds work ok

I used to be able to use the AUX cable to play music from my Z10 and have the sound come out on my stereo speakers. In addition, my BOSE QC15 headphones worked and my earbuds worked

Now, when I try to play music from my Z10 using the AUX cable, music emanates from the Z10, not the Stereo speakers.
In addition, my very expensive BOSE headphone are making server popping noises. When this occurs, and you go into settings and Main Volume, the volume slider is oscillating back and forth.
The weird think is my standard earbuds are working fine.
It should be noted that my wife's android phone works perfectly with my Bose headphones and the AUX cable and my earbuds

Any ideas as to what is going on??? 

I am currently running OS 10.2.1.2102

(I pulled the battery that didn't seem to do anything)

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator Rogers_Kate
Retired Moderator

Re: Blackberry Z10 ; BOSE headphones make popping noises; regular earbuds work ok

Hi there,

Have you tried backing up and restoring your device to see if that helps?

Does anyone in the community have a suggestion for @sysfrog83?

@Rogers_Kate

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Blackberry Z10 ; BOSE headphones make popping noises; regular earbuds work ok

Kate's advice of a backup and restore would be the way to go on this one.

Cheers. 🙂
I've Been Here Awhile

I tried a backup, wipe and restore with no luck. In addition, I tried my headphones after the wipe and had the same problem.

I called Rogers but they won't let me make a warranty claim as the blackberry supplied ear buds function.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello sysfrog83

Yeah they won't do it unless you say the headphones supplied aren't working either. This doesn't seem to be a phone problem. It seems to be the software doing this. Have you tried contacting BOSE to see if they can do something? I know some beats headphones u need to press a button to have them work on Sony phones. It could be the same or something else.
I've Been Here Awhile

The weird thing is they were working and now they are not. I have tried my headphones with another z10 at the same level and they work.

As far as the warranty goes, I chose to tell the truth. I may spend the money and try a bluetooth audio gateway.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello sysfrog83

Hmmm then if it works on another Z10 it could well be the phone but no one knows really. It seems really weird but things like this happen
Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation