Blackberry Motion

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Blackberry Motion

And just for everyone's info since we have a lot of BlackBerry fans in here , there are at least 3 new BlackBerry devices coming in the new year. Hopefully Rogers gets their act together and gets back to supporting Waterloo as they continue this come back.

As well, BlackBerry states there is a buy back program coming for customers finally upgrading from BB10 and The Priv (their first android device). Support for bb10 is done in two years....the priv will no longer get security patches immediately . Your devices will still run for a long time but it's EOL (end of line).
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks!  Finally saw the Motion in person at a Bell store this past weekend and thought it looked great and felt great to hold!!   Was going to order one from Telus after Christmas, but maybe I'll wait to see what this buy-back program is all about, and by that time maybe Rogers will carry the Motion.  I'll miss my Z30 though!!

I Plan to Stick Around

Sure my that time BlackBerry will be able to push them out via Amazon and all money will go back to BlackBerry mobile rather than into the carriers hands . With respond to the buy back ... Alex Thurber brought it up on on BlackBerry Blogs last week. I would expect more news to come shortly via BlackBerry Blogs or via BlackBerry mobile on Twitter.
I'm Here A Lot

Blackberry Mobile has updated the Motion page on its website.  Now says "COMING SOON...UNLOCKED".  This is great news!

I Plan to Stick Around

It's live on Bestbuy. I expect amazon as well.
I've Been Here Awhile

So it can be obtained pretty much everywhere but via Rogers. Those of us who can't afford to drop $700 on it all at once are SOL!
Very long time Rogers customer here who spends $400.00 a month on your services having second thoughts for sure.
Thanks Rogers you're awesome.
I'm Here A Lot

Called Rogers this evening, trying to negotiate a discount if I bought the Motion and brought it to my current plan.  The rep I got offered absolutely nothing!  Couldn't find anything in the system (or so he claimed).  Just apologized that they didn't have the phone I wanted, and basically said goodbye.  Even more disappointed with Rogers now!  I will wait until June when the contract on my second line is up, then I'm gone!  23 years with them and they don't seem to care!  Will follow with my home phone (yes I still have one), cable and internet when my current commitment ends.

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm sure you are not the only one. Shame Rogers doesn't want to support this turn around by an iconic Canadian Tech firm. I saw an article yesterday from cnet (who usually bashes BlackBerry) that the majority of sales for the KEYone are consumers switching from iPhone and Samsung. Good to see this turn around happening. Sad Rogers doesn't want to be part of it. I'm in the midst of moving my business as well.
I've Been Here Awhile

Looks like the Motion is being sold by everyone else but Rogers.

I finally saw it for sale on Staples website for $599.  Perfect timing as I have a replacement plan for my broken DTEK50.

Ill be at Staples tomorrow morning.

I Plan to Stick Around

Being sold officially now on line on amazon through blackberry mobile directly and through Bestbuy on line.

New bronze Edition KEYone coming soon as well.
Topic Stats