Blackberry Motion

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Blackberry Motion

This really sucks. My Priv screen is broken and I would much prefer to upgrade to the Motion than fix my Priv.
Bell, Telus, and Koodo will carry it but Rogers doesn't???
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @BBUser4evr

Sadly it does seem so. I think Rogers isn't interested in getting the Motion. Or maybe they will but at a later date.

Many have been asking for it. Including my sister as well.
I Plan to Stick Around

Yup. The local Telus stores don't actually get stock on the phone until Wednesday, but the local Bell store (I only called one of them) has them. I went and took a look at it.  I Like, perfect upgrade for my Z30.

Either place is more than happy to offer a better price for the phone, for the plan I want, and give me $$$ bill credits for changing carriers.

The writing is on the wall for me. I am changing carriers as soon as December 1st rolls around, as I want my phone unlocked out of the box. Roger's has until then to get their head in the game and carry the phone. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

Congrats @JerryY on your decision to locate the phone you desire and if it means moving carriers to get the device and services you desire, then that is what consumer choice is all about.

Enjoy your new phone - pop back and tell us what you like about the device once you start using it.

Smart idea to wait until December 1st and get it unlocked - at this point Bell is selling the KeyOne unlocked, and if you go into their stores, you will find that since early November, they mark any locked device with a blue dot.

Enjoy your new phone.

Bruce

I've Been Here Awhile

I would like to add my voice to the many who have shared their disappointment of Rogers not carrying the BB Motion phone. It seems odd to me that Rogers, one of the "Big Three" carriers, is the only one of those not to carry this phone. I called Rogers tech support last night to find out if a Rogers sim card would work on an unlocked BB Motion (thinking it would be the same as the Key One), and no one could answer the question, other than saying maybe or there might be some loss of functionality as in some of the Google and iPhones. I have been a Rogers customer for a very long time and have been relatively happy with them. I would rather not switch carriers for a number of reasons, but if they do not announce shortly that they will be carrying this phone, I will be saying goodbye to Rogers. The only things the moderators would say in response to the many questions about the BB Motion was that Rogers would announce it if they decided to offer it, which does not in any way answer all the questions about availability. Sorry, not good enough and not fast enough. 

I'm Here A Lot

I keep checking the Rogers website, hoping to see the Motion!  Can't believe they are still offering the DTEK50 for $0 (old stock I would assume that will probably never sell at this point) and never ever offered the DTEK60.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Altagd

Rhe MOD staff can not give any more information other then what they know. They aren't at all fault here. Yes they work for Rogers but what they are posting is what they are allowed to post and know. You can't expect them to say whatever you want them to say or whatever they want to say. It doesn't work likely at with any company forum.

I agree that Rogers needs to carry this phone. However to tell you, I don't think they will until later on or if not at all.
I've Been Around

Has anyone heard any updates on the possibility of Roger getting the motion? apparently it's selling really well with Bell.

I've Been Here Awhile

Like others, I am looking to get the Motion and wondering if I have to move to Bell, or worse Telus. 

Come on Rogers, get with it!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Simms13 & @TheTick

To be honest I don't believe Rogers will get it. They might later on but for now I don't believe so. No internal memo has been sent out about this device being released or any other communication.
Topic Stats