cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Motion

JerryY
I plan to stick around

Will Rogers carry the BlackBerry Motion?  If so, is there a time frame?

***Edited Labels***

74 REPLIES 74

Re: Blackberry Motion

robteb
I'm here a lot

Blackberry Mobile has updated the Motion page on its website.  Now says "COMING SOON...UNLOCKED".  This is great news!

Vybe
I plan to stick around
It's live on Bestbuy. I expect amazon as well.

BBUser4evr
I've been here awhile
So it can be obtained pretty much everywhere but via Rogers. Those of us who can't afford to drop $700 on it all at once are SOL!
Very long time Rogers customer here who spends $400.00 a month on your services having second thoughts for sure.
Thanks Rogers you're awesome.

Called Rogers this evening, trying to negotiate a discount if I bought the Motion and brought it to my current plan.  The rep I got offered absolutely nothing!  Couldn't find anything in the system (or so he claimed).  Just apologized that they didn't have the phone I wanted, and basically said goodbye.  Even more disappointed with Rogers now!  I will wait until June when the contract on my second line is up, then I'm gone!  23 years with them and they don't seem to care!  Will follow with my home phone (yes I still have one), cable and internet when my current commitment ends.

Vybe
I plan to stick around
I'm sure you are not the only one. Shame Rogers doesn't want to support this turn around by an iconic Canadian Tech firm. I saw an article yesterday from cnet (who usually bashes BlackBerry) that the majority of sales for the KEYone are consumers switching from iPhone and Samsung. Good to see this turn around happening. Sad Rogers doesn't want to be part of it. I'm in the midst of moving my business as well.

Ikachr
I've been here awhile

Looks like the Motion is being sold by everyone else but Rogers.

I finally saw it for sale on Staples website for $599.  Perfect timing as I have a replacement plan for my broken DTEK50.

Ill be at Staples tomorrow morning.

Vybe
I plan to stick around
Being sold officially now on line on amazon through blackberry mobile directly and through Bestbuy on line.

New bronze Edition KEYone coming soon as well.

krzysk
I've been around
Are the new Blackberrys coming to Rogers any time soon? Every other carrier has them but Rogers, been with Rogers for 20 years, always on BBs you gonna loose my 4lines. I known lots of people switching from toys like IPhones and Samsungs to the real tool -BlackBerrys, you are loosing on business.

Vybe
I plan to stick around
They have no plans of carrying The Motion although they do carry The Original KEYone. No sign of the Black Edition ever coming to Rogers as well. I'm starting to think that the two new physical keyboard devices that BlackBerry Mobile has planned for this summer and fall won't land at Rogers either. Many are disappointed at Rogers with their lack of support for BlackBerry who has put out some pretty good product last year and has some positive things coming this year. You can always buy the device directly from BlackBerry Mobile ..or just move to Telus or Bell if you are looking for a reduction in the price of the device on a flex plan.

BS
I'm a senior advisor

One of the realities is that all the companies pick and choose which phones they will carry and the feature sets they will support.  Rogers is actively thinning down their plans, add-ons, range of phones and options, which in my view is a good thing because they had way too many and support was being hurt.

I know we may not like the answer, there is no indication at this time that Rogers will release ... , we will update if changes occur, but, it is their company, and all the companies do it too.  So if another company has the product you want and supports the feature sets you want (eg. Apple watch), then you have only a few choices - complain - that doesn't change anything so far, live without the device and pick another, or go to the other carrier.

I was blackberry for years, and would consider the blackberry android versions because the only reason I left was that the Android apps didn't always work on the old emulator on BB, and BB World was dying fast.

May go back some day, but if I decide to, I will just have to decide to switch carriers as it stands at this moment.

I understand the frustration - I really do, I never wanted to leave BB, but at this point, it seems pretty clear that Rogers is never going to release the phone, and although you can buy it unlocked and put it on, you will lose some feature sets like WIFI calling and other things that are not supported on unlocked, non-Rogers branded phones.

I have complained as well, but I have come to the conclusion, all it does is frustrate me more, so I am learning to just move on.

Bruce

80s
I've been around
I cannot believe Rogers has not picked up the Blackberry motion, I have been with Rogers for 16 years and may switch over to Bell so I can get this phone, it makes no sense that Rogers would not carry it!!

BS
I'm a senior advisor

Only my thoughts, but if you want it, just move - everything we have seen posted from Rogers or conversations by members on their contacts to Rogers is they are not going to support the phone - considering it released in November last year, and it is now approaching April, I don't expect them to be supporting it for whatever reason.

If you really want the phone, this may be the time to send a message and pick up and go.

Bruce

Topic Stats