cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Motion

JerryY
I plan to stick around

Will Rogers carry the BlackBerry Motion?  If so, is there a time frame?

***Edited Labels***

74 REPLIES 74

Re: Blackberry Motion

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @BBUser4evr

Sadly it does seem so. I think Rogers isn't interested in getting the Motion. Or maybe they will but at a later date.

Many have been asking for it. Including my sister as well.

JerryY
I plan to stick around

Yup. The local Telus stores don't actually get stock on the phone until Wednesday, but the local Bell store (I only called one of them) has them. I went and took a look at it.  I Like, perfect upgrade for my Z30.

Either place is more than happy to offer a better price for the phone, for the plan I want, and give me $$$ bill credits for changing carriers.

The writing is on the wall for me. I am changing carriers as soon as December 1st rolls around, as I want my phone unlocked out of the box. Roger's has until then to get their head in the game and carry the phone. 

BS
I'm a senior advisor

Congrats @JerryY on your decision to locate the phone you desire and if it means moving carriers to get the device and services you desire, then that is what consumer choice is all about.

Enjoy your new phone - pop back and tell us what you like about the device once you start using it.

Smart idea to wait until December 1st and get it unlocked - at this point Bell is selling the KeyOne unlocked, and if you go into their stores, you will find that since early November, they mark any locked device with a blue dot.

Enjoy your new phone.

Bruce

Altagd
I've been here awhile

I would like to add my voice to the many who have shared their disappointment of Rogers not carrying the BB Motion phone. It seems odd to me that Rogers, one of the "Big Three" carriers, is the only one of those not to carry this phone. I called Rogers tech support last night to find out if a Rogers sim card would work on an unlocked BB Motion (thinking it would be the same as the Key One), and no one could answer the question, other than saying maybe or there might be some loss of functionality as in some of the Google and iPhones. I have been a Rogers customer for a very long time and have been relatively happy with them. I would rather not switch carriers for a number of reasons, but if they do not announce shortly that they will be carrying this phone, I will be saying goodbye to Rogers. The only things the moderators would say in response to the many questions about the BB Motion was that Rogers would announce it if they decided to offer it, which does not in any way answer all the questions about availability. Sorry, not good enough and not fast enough. 

robteb
I'm here a lot

I keep checking the Rogers website, hoping to see the Motion!  Can't believe they are still offering the DTEK50 for $0 (old stock I would assume that will probably never sell at this point) and never ever offered the DTEK60.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Altagd

Rhe MOD staff can not give any more information other then what they know. They aren't at all fault here. Yes they work for Rogers but what they are posting is what they are allowed to post and know. You can't expect them to say whatever you want them to say or whatever they want to say. It doesn't work likely at with any company forum.

I agree that Rogers needs to carry this phone. However to tell you, I don't think they will until later on or if not at all.

Simms13
I've been around

Has anyone heard any updates on the possibility of Roger getting the motion? apparently it's selling really well with Bell.

TheTick
I've been here awhile

Like others, I am looking to get the Motion and wondering if I have to move to Bell, or worse Telus. 

Come on Rogers, get with it!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Simms13 & @TheTick

To be honest I don't believe Rogers will get it. They might later on but for now I don't believe so. No internal memo has been sent out about this device being released or any other communication.

JW77
I've been around
I love my PRIV but it has had 2 years of abuse with no substantial case. I don't use the key board (after 4 bolds in a row so I didn't loose the keyboard). I want the motion. Not sure what the problem is. One 'Canadian company' should support the other. Been with Rogers since the early 90's..... Don't worry Rogers..... It's not your fault, this is just me being irrational. I understand. But I still hate to see it end this way.

Ikachr
I've been here awhile

Get with it Rogers.  Not sure why you are not carrying the Motion.  I need to switch my damaged BB Priv.  I love it but want the Motion.  Like others have stated December 1st I will switch to another carrier.

Please support other Canadian companies like we support you!!!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Ikachr

To be honest i don't believe that Rogers will get it any time soon unless they surprise us which i doubt.

spacejammer
I've been here awhile
I wonder how many BlackBerry users it takes to get Rogers to supply us the BB Motion.

User969967
I've been around

Talk about fail no blackberry motion

Now I have to switch to competitors because this company cant keep up with the times What the heck \:

The idea of purchasing a phone and bring it to a service I guess for the cost that would mean free billing for a year at least 

evilshin
I've been here awhile

I am also really bothered that Rogers is not supporting Canadian technology! I have had four BlackBerry devices in a row, all on Rogers. I am a loyal Rogers customer, with a Share Everything plan with 3 lines on it. Do they really want me to take my business elsewhere?

Yes, I know I can buy somewhere else and unlock it, but then I'd have to pay an unlocking fee for the phone from elsewhere. And the point is, I don't see ANY phones offered by Rogers that I would be interested in having. It seems Rogers is only interested in catering to fashion rather than function.

evilshin
I've been here awhile
All the new BlackBerry phones are Androids now. BB10 was an excellent OS, but it wasn't compatible with anything else so it was retired. BlackBerry doesn't load its Androids with bloatware like so many others do. I have a PRIV right now, and I love it. I recently paid 90 to repair my PRIV because I couldn't find another suitable phone, and I don't have the money to lay out right now to buy a Motion outright.

I'm really sorry to hear that Rogers doesn't believe in supporting Canadian companies. I'v been with Rogers since 2007... oh well I guess Telus or Bell will get my business when my plan ends in December !!!

Still love my Priv, loved my Z10, loved my two Bold... can't wait to get the Motion.

"Hasta la vista, baby"

spacejammer
I've been here awhile

I wanted the Motion and settled for the KeyOne. Not bad, but like the Motion, not really a BlackBerry. Android is, I find, so much more complicated. BB10 is way better, easier to navigate. Have you seen the concept phone, BlackBerry Concept. It looks awesome, however, also Android. They needed to come out with this phone in BB10 version with all the other upgrades it includes.....

p_d_a
I've been here awhile

I bought the Motion on Nov 20/17 at one of the competitors for under $700 and I love this phone.

It came unlocked and all I did was put in my sim card.

I really hope Rogers carries it as my work phone has to be purchased through Rogers.

I really think Rogers is missing out on a lot of sales on this one.

Vybe
I plan to stick around
Wish I would have seen this thread earlier. All blackberry motions were delivered to carriers factory unlocked! No need to wait until December 1. This was confirmed by myself at the Blackberry Motion release party in Toronto on November 8th. Doesn’t make a lot of sense any other way. Why would device manufacturers send out devices to canadian carriers this month knowing that they would have to unlock them on December 1. Who wants that administrative nightmare.

Nonetheless, good to see some blackberry love going on here and continued pressure you loyal blackberry supporters to get this device out there.

FYI I have no affiliation with blackberry mobile, simply a fan that was fortunate enough to receive an invite to the release party. I am also a long time Rogers customer since the Cantel days that’s extremely disappointed that Rogers is not supporting this turn around by an iconic Canadian Tech Brand. And to answer the question posted earlier. YES the KEYOne was the most blackberry reservation in Rogers history.

Vybe
I plan to stick around
Dtek 60 was not sold by any carriers and was nothing less than a test run for blackberry mobile with respect to the licensing agreement with BlackBerry. It was sold via BlackBerry directly and a few places like staples in Canada
Topic Stats