Blackberry Hidden #Codes ( eg CSC)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Blackberry Hidden #Codes ( eg CSC)

On my Android phone , I can open up the phone dialpad, and use the following codes to reveal/change key setup paramatners, eg:

Show IMEI : *#06#
Show CSC : *#1234#

Change CSC: *#272*YOUR IMEI HERE#
Network info: *#0011#

On a Blackberry, what is the equivelent?  I know typing *#06# at the home screen works, but how to you show or change the CSC code on a Blackberry?

Being able to chanhe the CSC code can be pretty important in some cases. On my Andorid phone for example,  I could not initally get LTE service, as the unlocked phone originally came from WIND. As soon as I changed the CSC code to Rogers, the LTE service kicked in.

For Blackberry (getting the q5 and a new Rogers SIM card in a few days) , its an unlocked phone orignally from Telus. I may or may not have the same issue, but just in case, I wanted to know how I could show or change CSC code on the Blackberry, like I did on my Android.

Solved! Go to Solution.
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Re: Blackberry Hidden #Codes ( eg CSC)

Simple answer. From a third party app.

More detailed answer.
We can't advise you how to break the regional restriction of the phone that you admittedly want to remove.
When you originally start up your phone you agreed to terms and conditions of the manufacture. Changing CSC and any regional based alteration was agreed upon not to be changed.

I don't think we can advise you how to infringe that terms and conditions 😮

Howver, LTE should kick right in if it is a Telus phone - you have to just worry about APN settings which is easily accessible under settings.

Only time you'd had issues if it was a outside-country phone. That's the only reason I can see why you would want to change it, but I don't see any need here and I also don't recall Blackberry have # codes for this. Was part of a firmware loader via PC (which was odd). But that's old blackberry not Q5 or anything....

Cheers

@ShakTiburon , thanks for the reply. I will know in a few days if there are any LTE connection issues. Good to know there is no native equvalent on the Blackberry.

Not sure if I am following the comment about  breaking a regional restriction of the phone or viloating/infringing agreed-to terms/conditions. Perhaps we re taking about different issues. I am not referring to rooting a phone or jailbreaking it or installing any nefarious third party apps. Just referring to using genrrally known and published instructions to show a IMEI or CSC - certainly that cant be a viloation of anything. And given Rogers now allows the use of bring-your-own-unlocked phones, I cant imagine how it would be a violation to configure the CSC setup to select the the provider that matches the same provider as the SIM card, so as to get the LTE service I am paying for. Finally when I did this or my prior phone, I was very forthcoming, and it was with the full knowledge of Rogers support (and Management Offce) and no one advised there was any wrong-doing and they were in fact pleased to when I confirmed it worked. 

Rogers Employee

I am definitely not a spokesperson for Rogers. I just help with my own knowledge.

However, Unlocked phones for bring-your-own-device is more so about at-your-own-risk/discretion

The most common unlocked phones are factory unlocked. Not the ones you manually unlock with a software or a code.

(Soft unlock via software is actually not a valid way and in some ways can void warranty)

(Hard unlock is authorized by manufacture to certain parties including carriers and they are considered valid).

Altering your region lock / restriction - I wouldn't see that as "Okay".

But I do believe we may be talking about slightly different things but generally the same topic.

If Rogers support (and Managment Office) deemed it as valid, then I guess I can't say much about it further lol

However, Going back to original answer, it is third party app that I was aware of prior to Q and Z series. (Bold and earlier) since it wasn't native. Mind you Blackberry / formely RIM - did change things around. So you might be able to set changes how you are use to but I haven't found any details bout # number thus far (I looked around after my original post).

I do wish best of luck and hope you find what you are looking for.

Hopefully someone in the community knows.

I know @Meowmix is also knowledgable; maybe he is experienced with this topic more than me.

Highlighted
Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

I think the confusion here comes from not knowing what the term "CSC' means. I didn't know myself until I just did a Google Search for it. @ShakTiburon it is not a malicious thing or anything that would violate any agreements. It is something that is built into the phone naturally.

EDIT: For reference this is what I was looking at after my search:

http://www.droidviews.com/how-to-change-csc-in-samsung-galaxy-phones/

These codes, which are quite poplular, seem to be really intended for Samsung/Andriod phones. As pointed out here, http://www.smartmobilephonesolutions.com/content/some-useful-and-interesting-smartphone-codes , some of them also work with other operating systems, but most do not . All the ones I tried on my Samsung phone work fine,  but only the *#06# code works on my Windows phone and on my old Blackberry

I was hoping there would be something equivalent that would work on the Blackberry Q5  (in case I ran into setup issues beyond what APN would address) but it appears there really isnt.

Rogers Employee

@lockdown2341 Actually even unlocking the phone also voids warranty in some cases. (that's why there is a disclaimer by some carriers about it).

It is considered malicious to a certain degree. But I see the point too; why have it and allow it to be editable if it is considered malicious. It is a point to consider but I don't have that answer lol

and sorry @Mediaman I hope to give you good news, but I didn't find anything additional. 😐

No worries, turns out the upgrade from old to newer Blackberry was pretty seemless after all , and no issues with LTE service.

I picked up a new Rogers SIM card and used the Rogers web service for Change My SIM. Everything kicked in after that; didn't even have to change APN codes. 

I did discover that the BIS service no longer works with Blackberry 10, and thus I could not use the Change Device option, but it did not really take that long to set up emails, contacts and calendar functions. 

All good.

Rogers Employee

yyyyeaaaahhhh!! woot.
Seems like most devices are seemless these days 🙂
Glad to hear everything is good to go!
^______^