Blackberry DTEK50 Screen Crack

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Blackberry DTEK50 Screen Crack

Blackberry refusing to fix phone bought at Rogers Dealer

Email from Blackberry:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hello,

Here is your BlackBerry Case number INC0000xxxxxxxx, should you need it for future reference or follow-up.

Based on your recent contact with our support team regarding the repair for DTEK´S screen the system will not let us process the RMA request since the IMEI provided shows that this device was bought directly from Roger Communications. 

Please  contact your service provided to arrange a repair on this device we apologize for the inconvenience that this might cause.  

Thank you,

Gabriel

BlackBerry Customer Support NA Toll Free: 1-877-255-2377  UK Toll Free: 0808 100 7466 Europe: +44 1753 558400  Worldwide: +1-647-426-1108  Web: www.blackberry.com

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A few months in, my screen had a micro crack which totally disabled the use of the phone. It was not from a drop as it was in a handbag when it happened.

When I contacted the Rogers dealer I bought it from I was directed to the "Pacific Mall" to get a repair. Reading onlike that Blackberry has been replacing some screens at no cost (known issue?). I called several repair chops in the GTA and not one was able to get the screen. Now I am stuck with a virtually brand new phone that I can not use.

I am not happy with Blackberries response and even more disgusted with the Rogers dealer response.

Any Idea's what department I can call at Rogers to get this resolved?

Thanks

*Edited Labels*

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Blackberry DTEK50 Screen Crack

Hello @tester1966

Unfortunately they won't warranty your device for free as a cracked screen is not covered under the warranty. Even if Blackberry is doing it for them, it could have been something else causing those devices screen to crack vs urs was in a purse with other items which could habe bumped into the screen and caused the crack. At that point they can refuse to fix it for free as all manufacturers will see that as physical damage.

Rogers has a facility where it sends the devices in and gets them repaired but u would have to pay to get it fixed. I understand that it was a accident in the bag but unfortunately no carrier or manufacturer warranty will cover it. That's why the Rogers rep told u to go to Pacific mall BUT he could Have told u about sending it in and seeing the repair cost.

Have you contacted Rogers and spoken to a manager and see what they can do for u? Have u tried to contact and see maybe they can check it out and see what they can do? Try that and see.

Blackberry response is normal like this as if a issue happens with the device, u would need to contact the carriers u got it from and have them deal with it. That's how Blackberry, Sony and HTC Are. Apple and Samsung have a bit different system.
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

I am not a facebook, twitter etc user so I have not tried to contact anyone via thoses methods. I want to call someone at rogers but I am not sure who the manager is and what number they can be called on.

"Have you contacted Rogers and spoken to a manager and see what they can do for u"

To boot Every shop I called (3 of them) said that they have NO access to blackberry DTEK screens so no luck there either.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @tester1966

Contacting @CommunityHelps is on there forums here. You private message them ( go on the page and look on the top where it shows Private message) and explain what is going on. The agents might be able to do something.

Via your home phone or someone phone call Rogers at 1-888-764-3771 and once u are connected to a agent, explain ur situation. If the agent can't help, ask to speak to a a manager which might be able to help u. Again it's not a guarantee but try that and see.

The stores can NOT help u as they have no way of doing this for free or giving credits out. So calling the store isnt doing much. U can drop ur phone off at a store and have it sent into repair but again it will cost to get it replaced. The store can not refuse u to send it into repair if the faculty doesn't have screens. The stores have no access to that information. The Rogers Plus stores or Rogers corporate stores can send ur device into a repair depot that Rogers deals with and they can exam the phone and see what needs to be done.