cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Android - Bring us WiFi calling

edwa1812
I've been here awhile

I can't find a way of turning it on. I bought my phone from Roger's, maybe I should have bought it from BlackBerry???

***Edited Labels***

24 REPLIES 24

Re: Blackberry Android - Bring us WiFi calling

Oreo for Keyone

According to the OS Upgrade schedule there is supposed to be an upgrade on Aug 13 to Oreo with wifi calling for the BlackBerry KeyOne…...It's now almost end of day on Aug 14 and nothing!  What gives?

I am desperate to get wifi calling going on this phone.  My wife and I switched from Telus last year and it's been a huge mistake so far.  Both our phones are pretty much bricks in and around our house (and we live in a fairly big urban area).  I never had an issue with Telus anywhere in my neighbourhood/house, but now my phone is completely useless to me in my office (drops calls constantly, and when it is connected it cuts out so bad that no one can hear me).  I am hoping the wifi calling will at least make the phone usable until our contract is up!

RogersAli
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @JPeplow 

Welcome to the community 🙂

I completely understand where you are coming from and I use WiFi calling myself and it is great, especially in those low service areas. How do you like the KeyOne? I was considering getting the new BlackBerry. 

The OS upgrade is scheduled to come out as of August 13, 2018. It can take a few days for the upgrade to roll out to your particular device. I would recommend to keep an eye out next couple of days. 

Thanks, 

RogersAli

taxgru
I've been around

Any chance Rogers will enable wifi calling on Blackberry devices?  Still love my Priv.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Boy am I so glad the old blackberries made by RIM back in the day had wifi calling. im so glad i got to use those features back then, little did i know they would be missing on new phones in the future
Topic Stats