BlackBerry email and messaging service outage

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

BlackBerry email and messaging service outage

Where is the infomation from Rogers onthe outage today? http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/blackberry-users-report-email-and-messaging-service-outage-1.25591...

My email and messaging is out for over 3 hours now.

***Edited Labels.***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: BlackBerry email and messaging service outage

Hello Prz

Unfortunately Rogers doesn't have a Outage page for stuff like this. This seems to be affecting all legacy Blackberry device aka OS7 Blackberry devices on all networks. Rogers can't do much other than that.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi

you are right that the cause may be outside of Rogers' control, but they should (for good customer support and relations) be giving information about it.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Prz 

I agree that they should let customers know via any form possible. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi all,

My Z10 has stopped sending and receiving text messages. Phone, BBM, email and browsing are fine. It worked flawlessly until last night. I did a secuirty wipe and restore but this has not resolved the problem.

Please help!

Retired Moderator RogersElise
Retired Moderator

Hi everybody. 

According to some reports we’ve received, BlackBerry email and messaging services were experiencing issues, but it seems to be resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience if you were impacted. 

And yes, I should have informed you earlier. My apologies for that. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Mario26

This starred last night? Have you taken the sim card out and put it back in? Also there are reports that this morning BBM and emailing isn't working within Blackberry so i doubt it that.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Meowmix,

Yes on the sim card. I am hoping it is some sort of network thing.

Thank's for your suggestion!

I've Been Here Awhile

If anyone from Rogers could offer some advice it would be appriacated. Smiley Happy

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Whenever connection issues arise, it's a good idea to see whether it's just your phone or whether a network (BlackBerry, Rogers, etc.) is experiencing difficulties. The easiest and quickest way to do so is to visit www.canadianoutages.com . Click on the company in question (in this case, click on both BlackBerry and Rogers) and see if there are reports from other users.

This will give you an immediate idea of what's happening and will free up support personnel who would do nothing more than confirm the outage.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy