BlackBerry Priv - Software updates and vulnerability patches

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: BlackBerry Priv - Software updates and vulnerability patches

Hello @Davidwr

Oh believe me i know that feeling. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like they will listen or do much unfortunately. Those updates are to make sure the customers have up to date security patches fixed for any issues.

Blackberry isn't about this and Rogers should release the security updates ASAP.. I wonder what's the hold up.
I Plan to Stick Around

I figure Rogers doesn't have the experience technically and that makes sense cuz rumours has it they laid off a lot of techs in the recent past. The only other reason is they just don't care about their clients. I've been with them for 20 years. 16 then left for a year then came back 3 years ago. But I'm not making this mistake again. I'm considering filing a complaint with the crtc. If I could affect the phones Rogers gets from manufacturers I would but in the end it's all about money. Sad really.
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, Bell and Telus have dropped the April Security Patch for the Priv. Rogers is still a no show....Sad...it ain't Blackberry....it is Rogers delaying things
I Plan to Stick Around

Time to change. I have 6 months left on Rogers. Might just pay it off and cancel. I'll never go back.

I've Been Here Awhile

When this is happenenig ? as a long time client I want to know...

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm writing and filing a complaint with the ccts as well as crtc. Rogers is violating my contract by not providing important security updates in a timely manner to my device. Thus making it less safe and more prone to security breaches.
I Plan to Stick Around

April patch finally dropped May 15th.
1.8 gb...its a whopper but a great update. Solved my performance issues,

Sooooo... Where's May's patch? Lol
I Plan to Stick Around

Got the update same night I sold the phone. Tired of the waiting and lies. Next step is to get this contract over with and move to Bell. I'm surprised. Rogers reads these and I've said numerous times I'm leaving and they have yet to contact me to see if there is a solution. Guess they don't care if I take my business elsewhere. Trust me more then just me are jumping from this sinking ship.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Davidwr

And that is your choice and a Nobel one for the time being but do remember, if Bell does the same thing, what will u do then? Switch to another carrier? If Rogers was a " sinking ship" as u say, they wouldn't be the highest carrier in Canada and ontop of that they wouldn't be here. Just making that point.

I understand security is #1 on ur phone but I do recall no one cares about this maybe 1-2 years ago. It was within that time frame when Google announced security updates on the Android Platform. Never before any OS including older versions of Android OS, IOS, Blackberry OS, Nokia OS and Windows OS did any type of security updates. Only patches and or OS updates. We lived in a world before hand when hackers had access to our phones but we never cared.
I Plan to Stick Around

It's not just the fact that the updates are slower then molasses in January. When I contacted Rogers I was lied to numerous times. Told to call blackberry which cost me money as my one year tech support was up. Then add the fact that Rogers has failed to contract me with this issue. All rolled up its just a big sign of what I need to do.