BlackBerry Priv - Software updates and vulnerability patches

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: BlackBerry Priv - Software updates and vulnerability patches

The March update has been released but I have yet to have the update. I see BlackBerry released the April security update today and word of when the updates will come.
I Plan to Stick Around

Missed Jan, got February's update, March was a no show and so far April is a no show too.

What's up Rogers? Why are we not receiving BlackBerry's updates when released by BlackBerry ?
I Plan to Stick Around

I can tell you why. Rogers is lazy to release them. They keep pointin to blackberry as the reason but blackberry has told me personally that Rogers gets the updatea first to test them and thej release them. The only way I have ever gotten updates was to escalate the issue and that is becoming a pain in the butt. Rogers is letting us down and forcing us to use insecure phones. Rogers get your act together and be honest. I for one am sticking to be buying used phones and I might leave Rogers end of this year because of the lack to honesty from this company.
I Plan to Stick Around

Lol Rogers is horrible with bb monthly updates. I get hone direct from blackberry. Rogers controls it even though they may say different. Been escalating calls almost monthly. More cell manufacturers are gonna stay away from Rogers if they don't get their act together. I'm still on January security and its April. Very pathetic. I'm gonna sell my bb priv and stick with buying unlocked phones direct from builders. Enough of this. Take my money every month but don't allow my phone to be secure.

I Plan to Stick Around

It's April and I've yet to see a priv security update for March. And it's April now. Wouldn't say it's blackberry doing a good job. I'd say it's Rogers not doing even close to a good job.

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm switching to Bell because Rogers is ignorant when it comes to security updates for my priv phone I have. The security patch is out for March and it's end of April and I'm still on January. That's not just ridiculous but dangerous to my security in my phone and Rogers could care less. Bye Rogers. As soon as my contract is up.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Davidwr

Hopefully Rogers releases the update but I do wonder if this is a issue with Rogers and or both Rogers and Blackberry waiting this long. Rogers indeed gets them from blackberry where Blackbery gets them from Google but something in the middle stops for this to happen.
I Plan to Stick Around

I talked to blackberry and they said the patches were sent out mid March. I search online and yep the newest patch is released. Rogers says patch will be our march 20th. It end of April. The issue is Rogers is lazy and really doesnt care. I expect them to adhere to blackberries strict security schedule. I right now have an unsecured phone. Even my Moto z has updated to newest patches. Those come straight from Motorola though. Time to change carriers I guess.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Davidwr

Please make sure u research before going to any other carrier.. Make sure they also release those updates so u don't get stuck switching if they don't and u have now to stay with them.

Thats all I can say per that. As for the updates and software being launched out, seems like Rogers is still doing what they promised not to do. Is to keep taking their time to release security updates and softwares. I do wonder why they keep doing this and not releasing then on time. I'm pretty sure they have the update and need to stop saying they don't or whatever else they say. I want them to step it up and send them out.
I Plan to Stick Around

I have a friend who has a priv on the bell network and he is on April security patches while I languish on January patches. Pathetic. Really really pathetic. I feel so disrespected and lied too