BlackBerry Priv - Software updates and vulnerability patches

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

BlackBerry Priv - Software updates and vulnerability patches

Hello, 

Is Rogers committed to testing and allowing the monthly software patches that BlackBerry has promised for it's Priv's Android OS? And if so, what sort of timelines are we looking at? 

For some of us this is critical so we are keen to know. 

Thanks. 

***Edited Labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: BlackBerry Priv - Software updates and vulnerability patches

Hello @Lohan

I am pretty sure Rogers is testing and checking them out unfortunately they won't release any time frames unless the updates are coming out and such. From now I haven't heard anything bad or security issues with the devices or updates thus far.
I'm Here A Lot

Hello @Meowmix

Thank you kindly for taking the time to respond. That's good to know. 

The reason why I was looking for a timeline is, it is critical that the patches are released before Google goes public with the vulnerabilities found. All this of course depends on BlackBerry actually pushing the patches as they have promised.

Neither BlackBerry nor Rogers announced whether if Rogers is among the carriers who committed to the montlhy update cycle. I believe this is for business or operational reasons but as customers, though we would rather buy the divece from Rogers, this in encouraging us to go to the manufacturer directly. 

I am glad to know from you that Rogers is likely to release the updates even thought a timeline cannot be confirmed. I appreciate you taking the time to answer. 

Best Regards,

Lohan 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Lohan

Blackberry is pretty good with Security updates & i am pretty sure Rogers & Blackberry are taking extra steps to have any vulnerabilities taken care off as soon as possible.

You are welcome!. Anytime you have any questions are need a answer?, come on here & we can help you! Smiley Happy
I've Been Here Awhile

Why hasn't Rogers released the latest jan security updates for the blackberry Priv.   Sorry Rogers but less than thrilled with you commitment to keep your customers happy.  

Thanks

***Edited Labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Neilo

Rogers should be releasing it within the next couple of weeks. Should he out by the end of Jan though.

I've Been Here Awhile

So you are saying the Jan release that was available to Priv owners who purchased  direct from the Blackberry shop received the update in the beginning of Jan but All rogers will get their updates at the end of the month?  Don't you think its a little late for security patches being one month behind?   Rogers did good last month, releasing the patches one week after the original Blackberry release.  Com on Rogers, you can do better than that! 

I've Been Here Awhile

Wouldn't you know it,  the latest patches started rolling out shortly after my last post.  Ok Rogers you're in my good books again! 

I Plan to Stick Around

Then why hasn't my Priv received it? and I've been checking manually too...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @zolutar

Have you tried to back up the device and try a factory reset on the device to see if that will bring the update?