BlackBerry KEYone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: BlackBerry KEYone

I received mine on June 1st and returned it today. I loved it but at this point I am too deep in iOS with 5 iPhones , iPads and MacBooks that it didn't make sence.

I'm Here A Lot

@Neely2005 wrote:
Not sure what's up with the probably truthful comment but I was in a Rogers store on May 31st and they had KEYones in stock and I tried one out myself. Other people in this Thread have purchased KEYones from Rogers too.

The Rogers agent at Uptown Communication House (with a big Rogers sign) vaguely said "next week" when the preorder started and again after launch. I would try a different store if there was one.

I'm Here A Lot

@torontowireless wrote:
I received mine on June 1st and returned it today. I loved it but at this point I am too deep in iOS with 5 iPhones , iPads and MacBooks that it didn't make sence.

So where did you return it? Can I get it?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @rmm1

The stores won't sell you a returned phone. The stores send back the returned phones to the manufacturer for inspection and then the manufacturer sends them back sealed again or use them as replacements.

Again you have to call your local Rogers store, Wireless wave, Tbooth and or Wal-Mart and see if they have any in stock. Best thing to do as we all don't live in the same area. ( even if we do, we live in different areas in Toronto).

I'm Here A Lot

@rmm1 wrote:

@Neely2005 wrote:
Not sure what's up with the probably truthful comment but I was in a Rogers store on May 31st and they had KEYones in stock and I tried one out myself. Other people in this Thread have purchased KEYones from Rogers too.

The Rogers agent at Uptown Communication House (with a big Rogers sign) vaguely said "next week" when the preorder started and again after launch. I would try a different store if there was one.

So I went to another Roger's store in another district today.  Good news is they had the KEYone,  bad news is the Uptown dude changed my old Q10 on May 19 so I can't use another Rogers phone until Jun 19.  He did this to lockin a commission.  When I finally get the KEYone, there probably will be a charge for wiping the old Q10 a second time.  Well, I am done with that Roger's Uptown store.  Perhaps I will cancel everything and start over with Telus or Bell.

I Plan to Stick Around

Priv is better, if you don't mind Google tracking your every move.  Gross invasion of privacy.  After six months of using it I think Google knew exactly how many hair follicles were on my head.

Never liked Android.  I used to do graphical software on Windows, and I thought Android was not intuitive at all.  They needed to go to Microsoft school.  BB OS 10 has a much better UI -- just, no apps.  Most of the Android apps stink anyway.  I don't know what it is with the developer community.  They have no taste or instinct for what's actually good, or maybe they're not comp sci grads.

I did wireline and these guys would come to me with Asterisk.  It was junk compared to Nortel equipment.  We had touchscreen desk phones back in 1985.  Back then, people had brainz.  Internal tests showed dialing was slower on touch vs. tactile, and error rates were way higher on touch.  The results weren't good.

Cell phones are good pocket computers but lousy phones.

Never understood why the iPhone took off and the Mac went nowhere.

I've Been Around

Blackberry KEYone Black edition

I'm looking to upgrade from a dying Priv and am trying to decide if I should wait for the BlackBerry KEYone Black Edition. Anyone know when Rogers will carry the newer edition?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @the_jenneraror

I would buy it straight from BlackBerry if I were you. Most likely Rogers will not release that model.

If they do, Rogers will post it on their website and I will bring the information here.

I Plan to Stick Around

Is there support yet for the KeyONE for WiFi calling on the Rogers network?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JerryY

WiFi calling will work on devices that are bought from Rogers and are Rogers branded.

For the KeyOne, I have heard mixed statements that it does and does not. Sadly Rogers has not confirmed that it will.

Topic Stats