BlackBerry KEYone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: BlackBerry KEYone

They won't promote it. Just like all other blackberry devices. Rogers will let people linger with a phone with no updates for months on end until people get angry. My suggestion stay away from blackberry devices if you want security.
I Plan to Stick Around

The updates will be coming directly from BlackBerry for this phone and they've been very quick with providing updates to the Priv, DTEK50 and DTEK60.
I Plan to Stick Around

Really? I had a priv. Waited months for security updates. Not sure who told you updates will come from blackberry direct. I've talked to blackberry numerous times. You will get updates from blackberry direct if you buy the phone direct from blackberry. If you get from carrier you will get them from Rogers when they want to release them. Don't believe me then spend the 49.99 by credit card and ask blackberry.
I Plan to Stick Around

"BlackBerry is the first OEM to deliver patches in line with Google's public disclosure, closing the window of vulnerability exposure to customers. Other mobile device vendors can take weeks, months or even years to deliver security patches, leaving you and your business at risk. BlackBerry's steadfast commitment to timely security updates is just one of the many reasons why BlackBerry continues to be the undisputed leader in mobile privacy and security."

Read more at

http://www.androidcentral.com/blackberry-continues-beat-expectations-security-patches-priv#rBAsqUeZ1...

I Plan to Stick Around

You can as a Rogers rep keep telling lies. I was an owner of a blackberry device. I waited months for my security patches. Numerous calls to Rogers telling me the same thing over and over thst blackberry provides the updates. I then spent money on Blackberrys customer support only to be told blackberry provides the updates to Rogers and Rogers sends them out. So you're telling people blackberry is lying. It's one thing after another with the lies. The only blackberries that are updated by blackberry are phones bought from blackberry. The only other phones updated directly from the manufacturer are Google pixels nexus phones and Motorolas.
I Plan to Stick Around

This has been yet another disastrous pre order experience by Rogers for me. I pre ordered on May 18th right early in the morning and chose to pay for it up front and ship to my house as it indicated this was the way to "get it one of the first". Haven't received an email confirmation, tried to get a hold of some info through chat but they can't give me info, just crickets.

Meanwhile others who reserved the traditional way by paying $40 and picking up in store got shipping notifications and calls from Rogers saying their devices are there and will be ready for pickup on the 31st.......FML

What are the odds I get a shipping notice tomorrow with next day delivery for the 31st?
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Davidwr  I am not sure which poster you may be directing your concerns to about being a Rogers rep, it is important to note that none of the residential experts, or other members with any ranking level is here as a representative of Rogers.  You may occasionally see a Rogers employee post, but you will note that they disclose that they are an employee and their views are their own, not that of Rogers.

The only people who are directly connected to Rogers is the moderators, and even they may have limited access to answers to some people's questions.

So please remember that this is a peer to peer member (users) board or individuals who have knowledge of Rogers services and technology who are offering their own knowledge and experiences, or new people coming and asking questions.

From what I have seen here, there doesn't appear to be many comments from moderators, just the rest of us like you who are trying to understand and make decisions and anticipate what is coming or may want to comment on the process or their experience.  And I would suggest that we avoid accusing members of this boards as lying, we all are just trying to help and get clarification on issues.

Without a doubt there has been issues with Rogers rollout of Blackberry updates, it is not new on all of the Android versions, but experience has shown that they do roll out eventually.

Everything on this board is discussion and information amongst ourselves, not a position from Rogers, unless you hear it from a moderator.

Understand the frustration, but let's keep it polite on the board.  To clarify, I too am not a Rogers rep or connected in anyway, except as a purchaser and consumer of services with considerable experience and knowledge.

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm not a Rogers representative and I never claimed to be. I'm just a BlackBerry user sharing my experiences and how things have worked for me.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Davidwr

No one here is a Rogers rep or employee other then the Rogers Mods.

Second again paying for Blackberry support was ur choice. Rogers never forced u to pay to contact Blackberry. They told u to contact them but did not force u.. U picked to pay for them to help u.

Second please do NOT derail this thread. This is about the KEYone and the pre orders. Thank u!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Neely2005

With Rogers, Telus and Bell the Priv got updates from the carriers after the carriers got it from blackberry. There have been several posts about this which are on other threads. That's what the user is saying.

Crackberry can say that but hasn't posted that Rogers, Bell and Telus push out the updates after. The security update for the Priv can late due to the carriers.
Topic Stats