BlackBerry KEYone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: BlackBerry KEYone

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @JeromeM

I'll be for sure checking it out when it comes out! Since it's the last Keyboard Blackberry I might just get it. Depends lol.

I played with it on Saturday at the CrackBerry Meetup in Toronto, I like it. I'm not sure if I will order through Rogers or direct if it's available, it will all depend. If software updates will be received quicker if it's unlocked I will go that route since unfortunately the updates through Rogers (and all other carriers too) are not the fastest.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JeromeM

Very nice! I would say buy it outright from Blackberry for the software updates BUT Rogers is getting better with them a bit lol
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix if by better you mean how my S7 Edge is on Nov 1, 2016 security update then I would rather deal direct Smiley Happy

I'm not sure how it works with the Priv if they get updates quicker since BB does it monthly but yeah, direct for updates is best.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JeromeM

I noticed with my sisters Priv she gets security updates quicker then my buddies S7 lol. So I'm sure Blackberry has something to do with that.
I've Been Here Awhile

Has there been any update when Rogers will be selling the BlackBerry KEYone, was a little disappointed that the dtek60 wasn't available
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @torontowireless

Unfortunately at this moment a date has not been announced. Once it has I'll update the thread with that information Smiley Happy
I've Been Around

Hi, is there an ETA if / when Rogers will put up the opportunity to 'reserve' the KEYone...

thanx Ken.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kwkFXTi

Unfortunately at this time there is no given date when it will be up for reservation. I'll keep you all posted when I get a date!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys!

Blackbery sadly has delayed the shipment of the KEYone until May. This includes all carriers planning to release it.

Good news is that there will be a Blackbery tablet soon running Android!. Smiley Happy

http://mobilesyrup.com/2017/03/31/blackberry-delays-release-keyone-may/
I Plan to Stick Around

I for one won't be getting the keyone from Rogers. Let alone any phone. Sick of their lazy release of updates. They tell customers that blackberry or whoever does the updates but it is through Rogers that we get them. So much contradiction. I'm still waiting for March 2017 security updates from Rogers and have yet to get it. How can they expect us to use a supposed secure device when they don't provide us the updates in timely manner. Keyone looks nice but not through Rogers.