BlackBerry KEYone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: BlackBerry KEYone

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @JerryY

WiFi calling will work on devices that are bought from Rogers and are Rogers branded.

AS for the KeyOne. I have heard mixed statements that it does and does not. Sadly Rogers has not confirmed that it will.

Any way you look at it, seems to me that WiFi calling, unless from Samsung, apple, and LG, doesn't work unless on the Roger's network, whether you buy the phone from Roger's or not...

If they can't give a straight answer, seems to me, that all they want to do is sell the above mentioned brands.

Hopefully some of these companies will start to understand that by at least giving a Yes or a No, is better than burying their heads in the sand.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JerryY

I agree with you and i see your view. However they have posted a couple times which devices work and which don't. Unfortunately it seems like many carriers do this.

I do know that a the iPhone, Samsung, LG, Motorola and a few Blackbery devices work with VOLTE and WiFi Calling but not all of them.

I guess it depends on which model they add to the list.

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers needs to keep a better list. Because if you use the Roger's webpage for what is supported, there is NO mention of Motorla or Blackberry phones working with WiFi Calling. NONE, ZIPPO. 

As per Rogers,

• iPhone 5c, 5s, 6 or 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, SE, 7, 7 Plus, 8 or 8 Plus with iOS 9 or later installed
  • Samsung Note 5 with Android Software Version 6.0.1 or later installed.
  • Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 edge, S6 edge+, S7, S7 edge, S8 or S8+ with Android Software Version 6.0.1 or later installed
  • LG G4 with Android software version 6.0 (or later) installed
  • LG G5 with Android software version 6.0.1 (or later) installed
  • LG G6 with Android software version 7.0 (or later) installed

It is sad that it really does not matter whether the phone supports the feature or not, it IS whether the carrier WANTS to or NOT support it for said phone.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JerryY

Yes i fully agree. There is many that want this feature to work with their Pixel devices as well and some Blackberry devices too but unfortunately it's up to them.

Coming on PPV!
Spence vs. Garcia Live
LIVE: Saturday March 16, 2019 9PM ET
Preshow: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
Ignite TV customers can order as of March 13
DTV Customers can order as of March 14
Spence vs. Garcia Promo

IBF welterweight world Champion Errol Spence Jr. (24-0, 21 KOs) will defend his belt against four-division world champion and current WBC lightweight titlist Mikey Garcia (39-0, 30 KOs), who will move up two weight divisions to go for a world title in a fifth division in a meeting between two of boxing’s elite pound-for-pound best in the world.

Topic Stats