Big Windows Phone Announcement

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Re: Big Windows Phone Announcement

I think engadet had it on their website and I follow tech websites. I'll see if i can find information...

Newsletter itself I assume is from the MS Insider? I don't subscribe to it, I am not an insider... I was reading it on Engadget or some tech website (I have no idea which one, I hopefully have it in my web history - Will check it when i get home)

Windows 10 "Hey Cortana" is apparently 'different'. We'll see.

But I may switch to a Windows 10 Phone and try at least once.

The Support for Windows 10 with Developers is what is lacking, if that kicks in. Great. Same with Andrioid, but Android did get better over time... but thats because Google attempts to push things in. Microsoft gotta do this right, or they won't be doing this at all.

(Edit: More things to say)

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hey Shaktib,

That would be great, I read engadget on occasion as well. They have great reviews.

Only thing with "Hey Cortana" with Windows 10 is that, If I am correct will not work in Canada as we won't have Cortana upon windows 10 release.

Looking forward to the new Windows phone flagships that are going to come out in the fall.

Microsoft has released developer tools so that developers can code and convert it into a windows app. Apparently the version of Candy Crush that is in the windows store is an iOS version that  was done using that technique. Between the new developers tools and the fact that windows 10 is going to link PC, tablet and mobile together changes the playing field (in theory) No longer are developers creating apps for a moblie platform with 3% marketshare, but for anyone who owns a PC with Windows 10 on it, who can then use that app on their phone.

I'm pretty excited to see how this all unfolds.

Highlighted
Rogers Employee

Yea essentially, Microsoft is doing what Unity has done for a while...
If you ever played a game and a splash sceen of "Unity" came up. that means the game was made either for iOS or Android and was ported over to the other by unity to iOS, Android or Windows.
🙂
I was talking to one of the geniuses at Microsoft about the programming aspect and conclusion was its similar to Unity but base ground is Windows. (for obvious reasons).

Also talking to someone at Microsoft store, one of the help reps advised me to switch the phone to "US Region" and Hey Cortana will work without issues, even if Canada isn't officially launched.

Still I'm excited too. 😄

@ShakTiburon

I have actually played some games with the "Unity" screen that popped up,can't remember which title it was though lol.

I have my phone set to the "US Region" but "Hey Cortana" does not work on it. It might work on the Lumia 830's because they have an upgraded processor but won't work on my Lumia 920, I tried 😄 "Hey Cortana" defintely works on the Lumia 930 or the 1520.

I Plan to Stick Around

Have you tried setting Language to English US? Just asking as I have 920 and Cortana works just fine.
HTH
Rogers Employee

Cortana and Hey Cortana are different.
@ph8 are you taling about active listening Cortana? Because that is "Hey Cortana".
920 should have normal cortana in it already.

@brandonjbarnard o__o" US Region tip was provided my Agent at microsoft store but I never tested it myself. x__x

@ph8

Hey! Yeah 've been using Cortana since I got the developers preview. Just a pain. to keep switching it back and forth to download/pay for apps. Inconvenient but our Alpha version of Cortana sucks compared to the American Beta.

Rogers Employee

Americian > Candian
in terms of market... specially in Tech.
Asia > North America
So... really... we are the last one in the race.
TURTLE!

at least we bring gold medals home ^__^
Rogers Employee EhmTeeEhf
Rogers Employee

I am sure if you got to google and search windows phone 10 development you will hit some site from microsoft that allows you to see its future for windows 10. In fact just a moment...

https://blogs.windows.com/blog/tag/windows10devices/

check that link out its a start, maybe you can find what you want through the MS windows phone 10 site