Basic Phone Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Basic Phone Questions

Just curious if anyone else is having issues with phone calls not coming through? 8 times out of 10 I receive a phone call, it goes straight to voicemail, and doesn't ring. I get a text message with the audio file for it right after the person calls. When I check the text message, the time stamp is WAY off. Usually by 8 to 10 hours. I mean, people are phoning me from the future, every single time I get a phone call. I can't seem to get the problem sorted out.

***Edited Labels*** 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Basic Phone Questions

Hello @ShadNuke

What device do you have?

Have you tried power cycling the device.

RogersDarrell

I Plan to Stick Around

I have tried everything short of throwing it in the trash. I have had the same problem with my 2 devices, and the 3 others that are connected to the account. It is a problem on Rogers' end, not mine. A power cycle doesn't fix the issue. If it did, it would have been sorted out over a year ago...

Retired Moderator RogersMay
Retired Moderator

@ShadNuke

Sometimes it can be the condition you're in (driving, location, basement)

For example if you're driving and receive a call the service could be handing off between towers resulting in dropped calls.

It can also be the location specific or a bad reception in the basement or certain area you're in.

The same scenario happens to me when I'm in my basement.

Are all your outbound calls dialling out?

Are there any other services effected?

RogersMay

I Plan to Stick Around

It doesn't matter where I am or what I'm doing. The phone randomly drops of the network when calls come in. Someone calls and they go automatically to voicemail. Then it'll come in as a text, immediately after they leave it. Up until a couple months ago, it would give me the "whocalled 8888" almost every time I get a call. My calls will go through, most of the time, and the odd time a text won't send, but will usually go after the first resend, and definitely on the second resend.
Retired Moderator

@ShadNuke

You mentioned it has happened on multiple different devices.

I am taking a guess that it could be an app or setting the phones have in common giving you issues.

Have you tried a factory reset?

Give that a try and leave the phone completely stock.

Let us know how that goes!

RogersMay

I Plan to Stick Around

I have tried ruling out the cause. It happens on all 4 devices on my account, including my 2 previous devices. My wife and daughters have no similar apps on their phones, and my apps are nowhere near anything they use. I used my brand new Samsung S5 without any apps installed for 2 weeks after getting it, and the exact same thing has gone on. It's something network related. It doesn't happen as much out here in Alberta as it did in Manitoba, but it still happens.
Highlighted
Retired Moderator

@ShadNuke

Are you able to provide the make, model and operating system the impacted devices are running on?

Thanks,

RogersMay