Attempted to update Z30 to 10.3.1 on Friday

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Attempted to update Z30 to 10.3.1 on Friday

going on Day 5 and no phone.....

Backed up my phone first then downloaded the update via B.B Link - and it took 3 times before it went through....by then it was lunch time on Friday, then the install started...by 5 pm - it was only at 95% and left the office - by friday late night, it was at 98% - and Sat morning it was at 99% and stayed that way for 24 hrs - when I decided to try rebooting the phone 24 hrs later, Sunday am - it started the install all over again and it seemed to go faster this time - but 12 hrs later, it was still at 98%  - and this morning it's at 99% again....and I am not conviced this will be done by the time I get home......do I consider the udpdate a lost cause  by tonight and will be forced to wipe and re-install everything at this point??

I've done plenty of updates since I've had the Z30 (Nov 2013) and this is the first time it's been a big problem.

3 other users at my office are with Telus and had no issues getting the update done within a couple of hours....

something seems horribly wrong here....where do I go from here??

thks.

ML

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Attempted to update Z30 to 10.3.1 on Friday

Hello mlafontaine

Hmm my sisters Z30 never had this issue downloading it over WiFi. Have you tried contacting Blackberry support to see what they say? Explain it to there & see if someone else has had this issue or a Blackberry rep can message u. You can contact Blackberry via Twitter as well. If that does not work, then i would highly suggest sending the device into repair via Rogers to see if they can do something.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z30/bd-p/Z30
Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hello @mlafontaine 

Looks like Blackberry is aware of the issue you are experiecningSmiley Sad. They have a page up describing exactly what you stated, not being able to boot up past 98% or 99%. The page states that the issue is under investigation and to try these steps as a workaround.

1. Perform a reset by holding the power down for 10 seconds.
  2. Perform a BlackBerry 10 software reload.  For more information please see KB34045.

Check this link for updates. KB36756

RogersAsif

I Plan to Stick Around

Well, 24 hrs later and it's still at 99%....so looks like a complete wipe is on the program for this morning....now on day 6 without a phone....we will see how that goes.

ML

I Plan to Stick Around

well, all this and it seems i won't have to wipe the device after all....I connected it to link this morning and after two reboots, it simply came back up in ver. 10.2.1 normally and everything is as it was....so other then having no phone for 5 days, seems I am back to as it was....the only thing now it when i check for software updates - it says 'there is no update avail.'

but at least, I am functional again.

cheers!!

ML

Retired Moderator

@mlafontaine Nice! Better late then neverSmiley Wink Glad you have a functioning device again, i could barely last half a daySmiley Tongue I would recommend holding off on the updates until Blackberry fine tunes everything. Once that is done you could possibly try doing a restore in Link and try to update.

Update:  Blackberry has removed OTA updates for Z10, Q10 and Z30 due to issues. Blackberry will resume the OTA update once a more stable release is available. The Q5 OTA update is still available as there are no reports of issues with the Q5 release

I Plan to Stick Around

finally yesterday, i was notified that an update to 10.3.1.1767 was now avail for my phone.....

downloaded it 3 times yesterday over the wireless - for the first 2, I would just start it and walk away and it kept saying that the download was interrupted, so the third time i watched make it to 100% of the download but instead of starting the installl process, it would go to the same message - saying it got interrupted, which i know was not the case ......nice update!!

Way to go!!

ML

I Plan to Stick Around

I wonder if the previous failed software install is causing the update to not take place - tried it both wirelessly and now wired, same result. Fails when attempting to start the install.

Just rebooted it now and will try once more - if not, looks like a complete wipe will be in order....

Cheers!!

ML

I Plan to Stick Around

It's still 'loading system software' since this morning....is this normal??

how long should this take??

thks.

ML

Retired Moderator

Hello @mlafontaine 

I got a report that a new software update was avaliable for Blackberry Z30 on March 13th(Software Version 10.3.1.1767). No reports of any issues since then.

You could be right in regards to the old software causing issues when restoring to the new one, did you end up trying to run a complete wipe and see if you can update then?

Is anyone else in the community experincing similiar issues? Let us know Smiley Happy

Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.

Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 in conversation