Any new Window's phone on the horizon?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Any new Window's phone on the horizon?

The Lumia 830 will be coming to Rogers on Oct 8th for $400 off-contract or $0 on a 2-yr contract. It's not quite a flagship device, but probably as close as we'll get.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2014/10/01/rogers-nokia-lumia-830-will-cost-400-outright-coming-october-9th/

I'm Here A Lot

Where is a good place to pick up the 1520 that no canadian wants? 🙂  I noticed newegg.com has the 1520.3.  Are the rumoured screen issues a real problem with that model?  My contract is  up and I can pick any phone I want and my company will cover the cost.   My focus was so good, I wish that rogers would get the atvi SE.

Thanks,

Jason

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I would look on eBay for the 1520 variant that you want. I found some good deals for $500 +  You won't be able to buy off newegg.com as they won't ship to Canada, and newegg.ca doesn't have the same selection.

I myself have not heard about screen issues on the 1520. If I didn't have my Surface tablet I would definitely pick up a 1520. They are super amazing phablets for the price!

I Plan to Stick Around

The only issue with the screen was some very minor flickering when device was released,,This has been resolved like ten months ago for those who suffered this problem,,,A firmware update took care of it and i can tell you this device is well worth the money,,,Here is a link for purchase in Canada,,,http://www.gsmnation.ca/phonefinder,,Phone is out of stock till next week as it sells really fast,,,$ 529 taxes and shipping included,,,You cant go wrong with this device,,Its truley built for the future in terms of O/S and firmware updates to come

Thanks for the link to that site!

Anyone have any idea if Rogers will be offering any other windows phone device besides the Lumia 830? More specifically the HTC ONE M8?

I'm Here A Lot

The first thing I asked for for form our business account rep was do you have the "HTC One (M8) for windows"  The answer is no and they don't know anything about anything new.   Like talking to Shultz from Stalag 13. We are still on 3 year contracts so I need a good phone.

I Plan to Stick Around

I bought a 1520 from the MS store in Atlanta for $545 and  I then used to unlock the phone for $50. It's an awesome device and I don't understand why Rogers wouldn't stock it. Canadians are getting the shaft when it comes to consumer choice.

I Plan to Stick Around

ATT will be carrying the M8 in early November so there may be a chance that a Canadian carrier will also pick this up or even ms selling it unlocked thru the store.
I Plan to Stick Around

There's only the HTC One M8 that could possiblity be released here in Canada. Other than that. They're no Windows Phone devices planned until Windows 10 comes out. We'll probably see a new flagship announced at BUILD in April (I believe it's April?) but if you want the latest and greatest it's the 1520 and the 930, which you will need to import both of them.

Proud Windows Phone Ambassador, got a Windows Phone question? I can probably answer.