AAE: OS Updates Blackberry KEYone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

AAE: OS Updates Blackberry KEYone

Hey,

First off, thanks for being available to answer my question. 

I see in the OS Upgrade list that the BlackBerry KEYone is listed with April Security Update - FINAL. Does that mean that security updates won't be supported anymore?

Thanks!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: AAE: OS Updates Blackberry KEYone

@Danobird 

Thanks for the question. @RogersAlton will be back first thing in the morning and will have you're answer for you.

RogersDarrell

Product Manager
Product Manager

@Danobird wrote:

Hey,

First off, thanks for being available to answer my question. 

I see in the OS Upgrade list that the BlackBerry KEYone is listed with April Security Update - FINAL. Does that mean that security updates won't be supported anymore?

Thanks!

Hello @Danobird ,

That is correct, BlackBerry has informed us that the KEYone has reached End of Life status for software support – they had promised 2 years of software updates, and now we are at the end of 2 years. We have been told that this April security update will be the last software update they will deliver for the KEYone.

RogersAlton

I've Been Around

Hi! 

KeyOne was marked as enterprise recommended Android Device:

https://www.android.com/enterprise/recommended/

One of it's requirements is:

"Security patches from device manufacturers delivered within 90 days, guaranteed for three years."

So what's up with that?

Best regards,

Artur