What have you done for us?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

What have you done for us?

Having read a few posts, we know your name, that you are a Rogers employees who tries to resolve issues when normal channels of communication aren't reaching satisfactory outcomes. We don't know much else about you though. I'd be intrested to hear what you'd say are your 3 biggest achievements to date in this role - in making real change to the way Rogers operates.

VIP
VIP

Re: What have you done for us?

@theClubHopper Glad to hear my name is getting around.  I have been spending lots of time trying to promote my role within Rogers and giving some transparency to my job.  The annual report (see link: http://about.rogers.com/about/helping-our-customers/ombudsperson-report) gives a really good flavor of the type of work that I do from day to day.  

What I am most proud of is how far we have come in just a few short years.  Progress never happens overnight but I can see and feel the improvements year over year.  I also really love when I get calls from groups within Rogers seeking my opinion on work they are doing.  

I opened that link and haven't got around to reading it yet, but you should "Sticky" that link the top of this forum.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Kim,

You said:

"I also really love when I get calls from groups within Rogers seeking my opinion on work they are doing.  ".

I take it the group working on the RTN/Navigatr code was one that DIDN'T seek your opinion.   ;-)

@KimWalker wrote:

@theClubHopper Glad to hear my name is getting around.  I have been spending lots of time trying to promote my role within Rogers and giving some transparency to my job.

I hate to burst your bubble, but:

1. It's really NOT a good thing that your name is getting around, as it means customers have issues that c/s has been unable to resolve, or are discussing them with others (online etc).
  2. I've been an off-and-on regular visitor to the Rogers Community Forums for years and had never heard of you until yesterday when it was mentioned on another site (in a long complaint thread about the flubbed Navigatr launch) that you would be hosting today's "chat", implying you were the unlucky one chosen to fan the flames. I actually have no idea how long today's "event" had been planned, but that's not the point.

In regards to your answer to my original question, I realize you are fielding many questions all at the same time tonight, but you did not actually answer it.

Also, when you wrote "I also really love when I get calls from groups within Rogers seeking my opinion on work they are doing", I hope you meant, ".. seeking my opinion on the progress they've made on our recommendations". Otherwise, "getting in with" the Ombudsman by seeking their favour would be contrary to impartiality.

VIP
VIP

@theClubHopper I have been doing the job for only three years  but there are backcopies of my work reports on rogers.com and you can google my name to see other information about my past achievements.  While I am not trying to win a populaity contest, I do want poeple to know when and where to find me if they need help getting a resolution to a dispute.  The results and case studies I share in my report should show you evidence of a neutral view but I will let you judge for yourself.

As far as achievements go, there is also a sampling in the reports for your perusal but I am most proud of the improvements to customer service (eg. honoring commitmements, wireless data caps, simpler plans, device unlocking)