What are my rights as a customer?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

What are my rights as a customer?

Dear Ombdusman,

Assuming that  this is a proper place to ask a question about an issue that will be  difficult  to resolve: I am thoroughly dissatisfied with changes introduced by Navigatr User Interface and  find that these changes are making difficult to use Rogers TV services. What are my rights?

Please note that I have submitted two separate posts to the Community Forum with detailed, argumented and above all polite - albeit critical justification of the statement above.  

Looking forward to your response.

Highlighted
VIP
VIP

Re: What are my rights as a customer?

@ipalrosic Thanks for your post.  Rogers is making improvements to the customer experience through enhancements like Navigatr however all new interfaces take some getting used to and can be made better over time.  Your feedback is most welcome and will be incorporated into future planning.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Is there an option to NOT ACCEPT the solution?

I am not tech-averse, not even too short sighted, but the NAVIGATR is being assessed as a complete disaster by the entire community - not a progress that we have hard time accepting because it is a change.

To skew the conversation in that direction is, frankly, insulting

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Actually you are an ombudsman, paid buy Rogers ot look out for our interests !.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Perhaps you can get soem info for us from Rogers.

i.e. Rogers logic and analysis leading to the change.

The new system is missing important pvr managment features, features that were in the old system.

Highlighted
VIP
VIP

@ipalrosic I do work for Rogers and my role is to find solutions to unresolved matters between Rogers and customers.  I would encourage you to report your issues to @communityhelps so that Rogers can assess whether something can be done to help you.  

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

With all due respect, I submitted "my issues"  - supported by  - as far as I can see hundreds of customers who experience the "same issues" to Rogers 3 days ago in two separate, detailed calls.

As a response, I received an automated message today saying that "my issue" is being worked on and that I will receive an update as "the work progresses".

The pressure that those unfortunate of us who received the upgrade are putting on Rogers resulted in a break to those who were spared in the beginning - Rogers suspended the upgrade to others.

But there is no attempt to save us from this experiment, and not even an apology.

From where I am standing right now (and trust me at 6pm Thursday evening I could have better places to stand - I am not paid for this - I am actually paying for it) if it is really technically impossible to revert back, Rogers should offer 50% back on TV fees to all customers subjected to this atrocity for as long as they don't find satisfactory solution.

If nothing else, this would speed up the resolution.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Kim,

You said "Rogers is making improvements to the customer experience through enhancements like Navigatr however all new interfaces take some getting used to and can be made better over time.".

The whole point here is these so called "enhancements" should have been thoroughly tested BEFORE dumping them on a your poor paying unsuspecting customers.  Rogers does this REPEATEDLY.  How can it possibly be touted as an enhamcement when many features we already had have either been removed or made MUCH more difficult?

Will you, as a representative of Rogers customers, take forward to senior management that this roll-out MUST STOP until such time as you have at least put back the removed features and capabilities we already had, and THOROUGHTLY tested them?

Or as I said before, will Rogers roll blindly ahead pushing this Navigatr (please, buy a vowel) "enhancement" out to save face?

Nothing could be more counter to Rogers interests than that.  Instead of slowing the customer drain to Bell Fibe that course of action will only speed it up.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ipalrosic

I can fully and irrevocably understand your frustration with losing your recordings.

I must point out though that we have published an announcement and apology here.

"On July 28th, Rogers provided a software upgrade for our NextBoxTM set-top cable boxes to some of our customers in Ontario. As a result of human error, some customers with older PVRs may not be able to see their recorded shows. Furthermore, in some cases customers may be prompted for a PIN to access their guide.

We sincerely apologize to our customers for this inconvenience. As soon as we discovered this problem, we immediately stopped rolling out this upgrade to additional customers.

If you are having a problem with your PIN, you can reset it by logging into your MyRogersTM account or by calling Customer Care at 1 888 ROGERS1 (764-3771)

If you are having problems seeing your recordings on your PVR, please call Customer Care at 1 888 ROGERS1 (764-3771)."

I Plan to Stick Around

Kim/Roger

I happened to not have lost the content of my PVR. I guess I should consider myself lucky and hide to avoid bad luck next time?

That does not make my programming at the moment any more usable - I can't find the recordings I still have, cannot control future recordings and have difficulties finding regular channels with the font size I am supposed to be able to read.

And so that we avoid one more "typical" question I am hearing from Support (Yes, I patiently waited for 45 minutes once and about 10 the second time to report my issues) : I DO HAVE A BIG SCREEN HIGH DEFINITION TV. The font size is still less than half of the font size for Close Caption, and WHITE on GRAY)

The poor design that make programming not accessible is what demands the apology, not one time mistake in deployment