Representing customer opinion on Navigatr to senior management

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Representing customer opinion on Navigatr to senior management

Kim,

In light of the possibly unexpected backlash against the recent Navigatr release that you have encountered here today, are there any specific recommendations you will take forward to senior management regarding Navigatr?

Second question, yes or no.

Will you specifically recommend to senior management tomorrow that the Navigatr roll-out be halted until such time that the serious usability (and readability) issues with it have been addressed with an update?

Final question - another yes or no.

Will you recommend to senior management that the RTN/Navigatr team be asked to reach out to some of the customers who have posted very detailed descriptions of the failings & shortcomings of Navigatr on these Rogers Community forums, and seek those willing to participate in testing of future versions PRIOR to rolling them out to your general customer base?

VIP
VIP

Re: Representing customer opinion on Navigatr to senior management

@neilpalmer400 Firstly, I believe that senior management is already actively aware of feedback regarding Navigatr transition.  As far as I know, when problems were first identified, Rogers halted the roll-out to any further customers and I heard there was a posting about this on Rogers.com today.  Good point about usability. Testing is already a high priority part of product development and many employees participate in testing.    

I'm an Advisor

How about this scenario:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it !

Roll-back and forget Navigarberator as a very bad idea !

Treating scheduled and already recorded as one lump. ignoring being recorded,

and having only two ways to view is fundamental design flaw.

Throw in tiny font sizes to support a useless box format, and its a wrire-off.

Oh yes: The flawed software on an already flawed box NB2 is a double disaster.,

At least NB2s worked (slowly) with the old software

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Kim,

What HASN'T been made clear to your affected customers, and those scheduled to be afflicted with Navigatr next week, is what decision criteria will Rogers use to start the roll-out again (which, I have read already on these and other forums HAS been resumed anyway) ?

Will the decision to resume be made solely on the basis of them being satisfied they've addressed the "human error" (as opposed I suppose to blaming aliens, animals or plants for the disaster) that caused 8642's to be wiped clean during the update, OR is it on hold until an update is ready to address the serious usability and readability issues that have been raised in these forums?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@KimWalker wrote:

@neilpalmer400 Firstly, I believe that senior management is already actively aware of feedback regarding Navigatr transition.  As far as I know, when problems were first identified, Rogers halted the roll-out to any further customers and I heard there was a posting about this on Rogers.com today.  Good point about usability. Testing is already a high priority part of product development and many employees participate in testing.    

Groan, more cheerleading, Kim. Testing is obviously NOT a high priority because Navigatr, like previous iterations of Guide software, was clearly not tested properly. But thank you for admitting the cause -- "many employees participate in testing".

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@neilpalmer400 wrote:

Kim,

What HASN'T been made clear to your affected customers, and those scheduled to be afflicted with Navigatr next week, is what decision criteris will Rogers use to start the roll-out again (which, I have read already on these and other forums HAS been resumed anyway) ?

Will the decision to resume be made solely on the basis of them being satisfied they've addressed the "human error" (as opposed I suppose to blaiming aliens, animals or plants for the disaster) that caused 8642's to be wiped clean during the update, OR is it on hold until an update is ready to address the serious usability and readability issues that have been raised in these forums?

Neil, it is precisely that type of question I hoped to relay to Management today, in the phone-call that never came.

I've Been Around

Please please make sure to fix the can't view scheduled recordings. I just don't get how these things can be missed. Why do they not test this on some rogers employees at home for a few months to test it first before rolling it out and just ticking off a customer base. Various other issues as well that other users have reported. Please fix... Any new version of something should enhance what is already there. Not make it worse.

Thanks