Ask an Expert: Ignite TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

Re: Ask an Expert: Ignite TV - LIVE NOW!

@Biollw wrote:
Is the home phone able to be transfered to other provider?

Yes, we can definitely accommodate that for you.

Product Manager
Product Manager

@Square wrote:

Hi,

How does the restart feature work?  Can you restart 30 hrs like Bell?  Thank you.

Hi @Square

Great question. Our restart feature is called Instant Video on Demand.  It works by letting you restart a program while it is still airing.  If the program has already finished, it will be made available in our On Demand section immediately. One important thing to note is that it's only available on programs where we have the related content rights.  

Product Manager
Product Manager

@Biollw wrote:

Programming works greqt for the most part. One thing that should, d be added when programming new items, add selection for this time slot only.

Some channels have new on 3 or more times a day all named the same and I would like to only program one at a certain time.

I like the features to see other times and list available or future episodes.

Thank you for the feedback, Biollw.

To clarify, by programming, do you mean setting your "new" recordings for a specific time?

I've Been Here Awhile

I cant justify paying $149 for connection fee
I'm a Senior Contributor

Record new programs.

I don't see where you can record at a certain day and /or time....time slot. Only a program.

I'm Here A Lot

Is there a delay in the video feed compared to traditional cable tv? Thinking about sports like NHL or NFL. Also, will you offer an Ignite Tv app on Apple TV or Xbox One?? Thanks!

Product Manager
Product Manager

@kevinleaffan1 wrote:
I cant justify paying $149 for connection fee

Hey Kevin,

It's actually more than just the connection that's included in your setup.

Each installation is tailored specifically for you and your home's needs. The technician performs an assessment to ensure that you're getting the best Wi-Fi coverage throughout your home. The technician will also go over key features of Ignite TV so you can get the most out of the service.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Will the Xi6 receiver work thru the Hitron modems that are currently in use?  I'm thinking of the case where the modem is running in Bridge mode with a router behind it.  If a customer has a stable network, and the Xi6 actually works thru any other modem, that might offer a way to provide a self service.   The router issue appears to be hit and miss, just depends on the router and its firmware version.  In theory, all the customer would have to do is pick up the number of Xi6 receivers required for his or her TVs and add them to the existing network.  You wouldn't necessarily have to swap out the modems.  It all depends on whether or not the Xi6 receiver is married to the XB6 modem forever, due to some functionality the XB6 provides, even when its running in Bridge mode.  

I'm a Senior Contributor

I actually ran my units behind the XB6 in bridge mode using netgear nighthawk and had no problem for the first week or two but just for support sake I put then XB6 back into gateway mode just to satisfy the support people.
Product Manager
Product Manager

@Biollw wrote:

Record new programs.

I don't see where you can record at a certain day and /or time....time slot. Only a program.

Got it, @Biollw! Thank you for clarifying.

You can actually set a recording for a specific timeslot. Try following these steps.

1 - Press guide to access the grid.

2 - In the guide, navigate to the channel you wish to record.

3 - Press the LEFT arrow to select the channel name and logo on the grid.

4 - Press REC button on the remote

5 - The "Channel Record" option screen should appear.  

From here you should see a few different options, that you can select and configure for your needs -- this includes start time, duration, date.

I hope this answers your question!