Ask an Expert: Ignite TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Ask an Expert: Ignite TV - LIVE NOW!

are there plans to add more apps down the road?

Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

@tiger90 wrote:

HI, can I plug my computer into modem with a ethernet cable if I want faster speed?

Hi @tiger90, great question!

It actually depends on your computer setup. If you have a network card capable of supporting the speeds, the wifi should suffice. However, if you are having any issues you can definitely connect your Ethernet cable and it should help your speed.

I'm Here A Lot

I have 500 speed internet now, but to drop price a little, does 150 work good enough?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Will Rogers be launching the Broadcom version of the XB6 modem soon? Smiley Happy 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Are you able to provide any comments on the testing for the Technicolour BCM3390 based XB6?  

1.  Is the testing progressing as planned.  Have there been any issues brought up that will delay deployment.

2.  Is there a projected date when that modem will be available to end users?

3.  Will the customers have a choice as to which modem they will receive?

4.  Has the modem been tested by Twitch uploaders and if so, what are the results, better than the current Intel Puma 6 and 7 modems or basically the same?  I'm expecting the results to be much better. 

5.  Are there any plans to make the Technicolour XB6 available to customers who are not Ignite TV customers?  Twitch uploaders will probably want to know this.

I'm Here A Lot

will the installer take away the old equipment?

Product Manager
Product Manager

@Biollw wrote:

Are we going to see the app infinite tv allow us to schedule and control DVR?

Hey @Biollw,

We don't currently offer this feature, but this is one of the features we are exploring.

I'm a Senior Contributor

I was told by my consierge that once on ignite tv you can not revert back...is that true?
Product Manager
Product Manager

@Lurker wrote:
A lot of people (including myself) aren't seeing the value in the $150 install fee.

Are there any plans to offer a self-install option like Comcast does for its Xfinity product in the US?

Hi @Lurker

We're looking to offer self-install to our customers. We'll let you know when we have more details to share.

I Plan to Stick Around

I checked out Ignite in a Rogers store today and have a couple more questions before committing to upgrade.

Can the Modem be placed in Bridge mode?

If so and there is a customer owned router then used as a router and Wifi access point ( a dual band router which supports N and ac)   can the tv boxes work through that router ?

Or do they have to connect to the Rogers provided WiFi access point?