zte Rocket Hub MF271ca printer static address

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

zte Rocket Hub MF271ca printer static address

I have a zte rocket hub mf271ca and I want to add a wireless HP printer to my local network. My lessons learned from previous routers is that the printer needs to have a static ip address so that networked pc's can connect. But I can't seem to get the router to see the printer.  The printer says it's on the network, but.... nothing on the router... any ideas?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: zte Rocket Hub MF271ca printer static address

I ended up resetting my printer back to factory settings. Changed my printer name, changed it from 600 secs to before going to sleep to never going to sleep... (because with DHCP everytime it would wake up from sleep it would get a different IP), set it up with a static IP just to make sure. then ran the 'wireless setup wizard'.

Printer got the IP I gave it from the hub, shows it's part of the network on the printer... went to the hub... shows a different device name than I gave it but... and when I go into my PC browser, URL set to the printer IP address, up comes my printer screen and I could send printjobs.

So it works, something is hokey, but it works. Now I just have to remember to turn off my printer when it not in use.  It's in a cupboard in the back of the RV that is usually closed.

So, configuration is now as follows -

On Hub  host name is the last part of the printers IPv6 address and the hub shows the device as having a DHCP address (that happens as soon as I turn on the printer).

If I put that IP address in the URL... nothing happens... browser doesn't find it.

On Printer on 801.11 wireless network, the correct network name (it did see all the local networks in the area) that it found when it scanned for networks with the wizard, the correct IPv4 static ip address that I had assigned. I added my printer to my list of devices and it worked with the printer name that I gave the printer not the host name that the HUB lists.

And to check the printer I just use the embeded web server that the printer has on the static IP I had assigned.

It works but not how I had expected to work.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @richlingm

I setup my wireless printer without the need of a Static IP. This was using a regular router though.

Have you tested to see if the devices you are using are able to see the printer when searching for it?

As this would be considered a 3rd Party Add-on, We wouldn't have specific instructions for such a procedure.

Feel free to chime in with any other suggestions Community Smiley Happy

RogersAsif

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

When I go to the home screen of the ZTE, all devices connected are listed.... but in the top right corner of the screen it tells me I have all those devices plus one more... I have 4 devices listed but the top corner icon tells me I have 5 users?

The printer says its connected and it has an IP address from the hub and my network, but it's not on the list of connected devices... so I don't know what else to do? It's as if the printer doesn't exist.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Are you using a Windows PC?

What happens when you go in the control panel to add a printer by selecting wireless? Does the printer show up?

RogersAsif

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I ended up resetting my printer back to factory settings. Changed my printer name, changed it from 600 secs to before going to sleep to never going to sleep... (because with DHCP everytime it would wake up from sleep it would get a different IP), set it up with a static IP just to make sure. then ran the 'wireless setup wizard'.

Printer got the IP I gave it from the hub, shows it's part of the network on the printer... went to the hub... shows a different device name than I gave it but... and when I go into my PC browser, URL set to the printer IP address, up comes my printer screen and I could send printjobs.

So it works, something is hokey, but it works. Now I just have to remember to turn off my printer when it not in use.  It's in a cupboard in the back of the RV that is usually closed.

So, configuration is now as follows -

On Hub  host name is the last part of the printers IPv6 address and the hub shows the device as having a DHCP address (that happens as soon as I turn on the printer).

If I put that IP address in the URL... nothing happens... browser doesn't find it.

On Printer on 801.11 wireless network, the correct network name (it did see all the local networks in the area) that it found when it scanned for networks with the wizard, the correct IPv4 static ip address that I had assigned. I added my printer to my list of devices and it worked with the printer name that I gave the printer not the host name that the HUB lists.

And to check the printer I just use the embeded web server that the printer has on the static IP I had assigned.

It works but not how I had expected to work.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Very interesting setup.

Thanks for sharing with the Community!

RogersAsif

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Littel late jumping into this thread.

But one thing for FUTURE people viewing this.

One thing to look at as well..  especially with something like a printer, which likely will NOT be changing locations, like a laptop, phone, etc type device...
Would be to set the static address at the PRINTER level. 
This will often require adding the printer with DHCP to start... then once its there, connecting to the to the printer and changing at the printer level (though some you can do it right on the screen on the printer if available).