z10 commercial.... vs ... bullying

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

z10 commercial.... vs ... bullying

ANYONE ever watch the Rogers commercial where a guy uses a Z10 to buy some band tickets and makes his friend do something to get a ticket from him. Making him run out in the snowy cold weather.... to me seems like a form of BULLYING and I don't like that commercial being blasted at me several times every evening while I'm trying to watch a tv show. I just hate that commercial. Anyone else out there think this is a form of bullying??? or is it just me that thinks it's very cruel and mean to do that to anyone, let alone a person supposed to be a good friend?   Just for this reason I would not consider buying one of those phones ever. !

***edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: z10 commercial.... vs ... bullying

Hello NJLILY

There is not bulling in the commercial at all. I do this at work or with my buddies as well. If you want something, you have to do something lol. That is how the world is. If this was in anyway bulling, the CRTC and others would have taken it down by now.

Are you kidding me? Because of this commercial you won't buy the Z10 or any other phones that it shows?... Hmm I really do not know what to say it you but you are thinking wrong here about that
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm not the only one that thinks like this.  I've heard back from a couple of my friends... would you really make a friend undress and run out in the snow to get something?  really?  that's cruel.  IMO 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello NJLILY

Actually yes I have done it to my best friend. She dared me to do the same and so I did. Nothing is wrong with it unless the person does not want to do it or your being forced to do it. None of those are in the commercial so it's safe to say it was willing to do it. Also if you and your friends think it's " Bulling" contact the CRTC and contact Rogers to have them view it. I can say that it won't be taken down tho.

I would also like to add that he choosed to do it. He was never forced to. If he wanted the tickets, he had to do that. Many of us do it as joke. Look around and you will see it. He was the one that did it so it's not bulling. His friend told him if he wanted the tickets, to do that. He did so it's all on him, not anyone else. 

I've Been Here Awhile

must be a new type of humour which I can't grasp.  I'm from the old school... where we are nicer to our friends and offer them the tickets.  instead of asking them to do something stupid for them.   I would NEVER do this to my friends. Maybe that's part of maturity though.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello NJLILY

We are all mature but we all have our fun sides like this. Just because you do not do this, does not mean it's new or anything else. Actually this has been happening for many years. Some may not do it but some do. Does not matter what age you are or how mature you are.
I've Been Here Awhile

in your opinion.    I just had to voice mine.   I still see it as a FORM of  bullying .  regardless if it's been done for years,  or by many .  I don't see it as fun.  Going to the concert with the friend would be fun.  Not this  IMO     enough said.

I Plan to Stick Around

This is not an example of bullying b/c the kid is not forced to take off his clothes and runaround in the cold.  He is presented with a choice and its the  decission that he makes that makes the comercial funny (to some).

BTW they're all actors and get paid really well to do the spot.

PS. Cant wait for the q10!!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello NJLILY

I understand your opinion but Rogers & the CRTC will not take it down for 1-5 people. Also like Appleisskynet & i said, the guy in the commercial did it him self. In the end its his OWN fault not his friends. He had the choice to do it. He picked to do it as he wanted the tickets. No bullying at all i see.

Anyways in the end the commercial will stay up & running. The CRTC views each commecial before it gets rolled out. If they say it as a form of bullying or anything offensive, they would have removed it.
I've Been Around

If this is not an example of bullying, what is?  Rogers should be ashamed to condone such behavior.  Given the responses of some who do not see this as bullying, is the initiative in schools to address bullying futile?  I can't see how this represents a friendly or caring relationship.   Is our society that sick?  Power relationships such as those portrayed have been the focus of so many issues including all forms of harassment and horrible consequences such as suicide.  I hope that someone at Rogers has the sensitivity to understand the issues and discontinue the ad.