yahoo email account disconnected by rogers? HELP!!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

yahoo email account disconnected by rogers? HELP!!

So I've had a yahoo email account for over 15 years and I've also been a Rogers internet customer up until maybe 7 years ago.

For some reason about a week ago I could no longer log into my yahoo email account. I would log into my yahoo email every day multiple times a day and had it setup as POP email on my phone. I called yahoo (1-888-511-5657) and they told me Rogers disconnected my email account and all my emails were on servers controlled by Rogers. I call Rogers and they told me they have nothing to do with my yahoo email and I should deal with them. Both companies were very uncooperative and very unhelpful. They kept blaming each other for disconnecting my yahoo email. I called both company many times and got no where. Yahoo told me to just create a new yahoo email account but I have lots of important files on my yahoo account and I need to retrieve them. 

Has anyone encountered this problem and has anyone found a solution?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: yahoo email account disconnected by rogers? HELP!!

That sounds... Very odd. Yeah if you never did the tie in, it should be 100% separate and completely under yahoo.

We have multiple rogers accounts here but my wife still has a yahoo that is 100% separate.

Problem comes down to often, if it's not a PAID yahoo account they are often 'to bad so sad' it's a free service, we owe you nothing sort of attitude. I ran into the same thing with hotmail 10+ years ago when they twice lost everything on my account. They said too bad.

Maybe try yahoo again and get a different person maybe can help

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Rogers emails were accessed via yahoo... but they are still separate.

What is the exact email address?   @yahoo.com or @rogers.com?

If its a @yahoo.com.. there were ways of tieing it with the rogers one back in the day..but it still should be an @yahoo and under yahoo's control.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

My email was a @yahoo.com and it was created over 15 years ago. It was not transferred over from a @rogers.com account.

Yahoo claims it was tied to a @rogers.com account and they have no control over my @yahoo.com but rogers has no reference to my @yahoo.com email account. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That sounds... Very odd. Yeah if you never did the tie in, it should be 100% separate and completely under yahoo.

We have multiple rogers accounts here but my wife still has a yahoo that is 100% separate.

Problem comes down to often, if it's not a PAID yahoo account they are often 'to bad so sad' it's a free service, we owe you nothing sort of attitude. I ran into the same thing with hotmail 10+ years ago when they twice lost everything on my account. They said too bad.

Maybe try yahoo again and get a different person maybe can help

View solution in original post