wireless network name+"-guest" broadcast

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jskim0804
I've Been Around

Re: wireless network name+"-guest" broadcast

I fix the proble.

You do not find this at the cisco setting.

You must use the memory key that rogers provides you and run the program again.

On the final page, you will see the Guest Access.

Click on it and turn it off.

I spoke with the rogers tech, and they have no idea about this issue.

default mode must be turn off rather turn it on.

Gate420
I'm Here A Lot

Even when its on no one can use it without the password that is set.

jasonpomeroy
I've Been Here Awhile

This article will help resolve the issue with the guest account:

http://www.pomeroystrategiconlinesolutions.com/#!Rogers-Wireless-Router-Guest-Account/chg5/55198c540...

Cheers!

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That is another reason to avoid using the setup key.  As one CSR said to me at one point in time, "Get rid of it".  Setup the router through the web interface,  log in to 192.168.0.1 and step through the settings as required.  If anyone really does need a guest account, buy a good third party router which will do a better job of everything, including guest accounts and bridge the modem.

jhardy
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks this is exactly what I was looking for
jtondino
I've Been Around

I do not see the guest network in my list of Wireless connections in my router. How do I turn this off please?

RogersMoin

Hello, @jtondino

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for your post. Do you mean, you see your guest network and you want to turn it off? If you see the guest network, most likely you've used the Easy Connect USB key to setup your network. So the options to turn it off are as follows;

• Use the Easy Connect USB key again and re-run the setup. At the end of the setup, you'll be presented with the option to disable guest network.
  • You can do the factory reset on your modem and instead of using the key do the manual setup by going to  192.168.0.1
  • If you wish,  I can reach you out through CommunityHelps and turn off the guest network for you

Cheers,

RogersMoin

southsider1036
I Plan to Stick Around

when I got to last page nothing about guest appeared. heres what I saw. like only thing under advance was my login name & password but nothing bout guest option..rogersconnect.PNG

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

@southsider1036 I have found that the easy connect key no longer takes you to the original screens (this was a cisco tool originally) that provided access to the guest account, your parental controls and a few other things.

It now just takes you to the button at the bottom which will take you to the open settings screen, which actually takes you to the admin screen (you can access this with your IP address for your router 192.168.0.1 or 1.1 depending upon how it got set up).

You will need to know your password to access the admin screens, but when I have clicked this app, it actually gave me both (kind of defeats security if someone can go on my computer run the connect which some have installed on their computer and you get the password and ip address giving you access to the gateway).

Once in the admin screens, you should find - under wireless settings tab (from the top - status, basic, wireless - you will find the settings for 2.4G 5G WPS settings, and lastly, the guest settings where you can turn it on or off and set up the password access and your chosen name.

The easy connect usb stick is basically useless for much anymore from what I have seen - I hadn't used it in about 2 years, and after a number of builds back, it stopped functioning.

Maybe @RogersDave, or others can advise you based upon what gateway you have.

The useful set of choices is very limited on these devices.

Bruce

RogersMoin

Hello, @southsider1036

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. The "Cisco Connect" software you are using has been replaced by "Easy Connect" which is built into the modem's firmware. If you are using the "Cisco Connect" software from a USB then it may work with Cisco DPC3825 modem. 

If you are using a CGN3 series or CODA modems you should be able to enable Guest Network by signing into the modem. For assistance with the Guest Network setup, you can private message us at @CommunityHelps.

@BS - thank you for sharing your insights. Smiley Happy

Cheers,

RogersMoin