wireless data speeds

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

wireless data speeds

In my home town area I get roughly under 2 megabytes of speed daily. I haven't yet checked the speed in the early hours of the morning yet in my home town. in the city of Winnipeg I get about 6 megs of speed during the day. In the early hours of the morning in the city it's a little under 9 megs of speed. I am using 3G cause it's all I can get on my phone. Now are these normal speeds I should be getting on a daily basis?

***edited labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: wireless data speeds

Hello Diveman1980

megs? You mean Mbps? Also those do sound like 3G speeds. 3G phones can get from 3-10 or 10Mbps at times.

I use 3G when in Downtown Toronto & i get sometimes 3/9Mbps. Which phone & what area are you in?
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I'm on the iPhone 4s. Live in a town that's about a 20 minute drive north from Winnipeg. I put this in other phones as it was mainly about data speeds. At about quarter to 2 in the morning I get probably 9 or 10 mbps while I'm in the city. during the day it's about 6. Back at my home town it's usually about 2 mbps during the day. I haven't checked yet for early morning here in town.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

He asked the phone, likely just to see if it was LTE capable, etc if you should be getting faster speeds, etc.

Those speeds are within range for 3g.

And the time of day speed changes, do make sense.  At 2am, there is likely ALOT less traffic on the network, therefore it can push that much more through.  Durring the day, if the towers are a little more overloaded, you would possibly get some slow down.
If your home, even 20 mins out is that much out of the core zone, could effect the speed slightly.

While there are some GREAT speeds now available with LTE if you get the signal, etc.. the above is one of the reasons its not as popular as say wired internet.  Its is alot less consistant.. can go up and down based on how the towers are, signal based on location, etc 😞