whole home PVR

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

whole home PVR

When I turn on my HD boxes the screen remains black until I change the channel. Why?

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: whole home PVR

which box is this on?

Was the last thing you watches something that was recorded (turned off durring the recording, before it went back to live tv)?

I have heard some people experincing this with the nextbox 3.0.. but not everyone.

I've Been Here Awhile

The PVR box is fine but the other two boxes that feed off the PVR when you turn them on the screen remains black until you change the channel. Sometimes it turns on to the set up station, sometimes it returns to the last channel viewed. I just had this installed today.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Have you checked the settings for turn on?

If its on last viewed, try possibly setting it to a specific channel for startup.

I Plan to Stick Around

I actually woke up this morning, having fallen asleep to something on the PVR, and I had a CISCO screen up, saying update would proceed when network was available.

Called rogers, apparently its something happening in the area.  2 recievers working fine.  The PVR unit has PEnd displayed on the digital LED's.

Big white screen that says CISCO with various data below..  Update pending..

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Thomask

I saw 1-2 people on digitalhome.ca posting the same thing.  Seems like a new firmware push.. but not everyone seemed to be able to get it properly.

if you havent done already, try rebooting.. it seemed to force it for those people.