cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

white horizontal lines appear on top of screen

mixedbreed
I Plan to Stick Around

Initially it was only 2 or 3 white horizontal lines started to appear on top of my TV screen.  Time to time, not always on the same channel either.  But now, the lines are start to creep further down.  I was told by Rogers that it's either the cable box or the TV.  Since it's free to replace the box, I did that first.  Unfortunately, it wasn't the culprit.  I guess I have no choice but to replace my TV.  

****Edit Labels****

7 REPLIES 7

Re: white horizontal lines appear on top of screen

RogersHassam
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @mixedbreed,

The issue you described does unfortunately point towards the TV. Have you check your cables? If you're using an HDMI cable, try replacing that to see if it fixes the issue. I've had this happen on my old plasma once except I had vertical green lines across the TV. It ended up being the flex cables inside the TV that connect to the board. 

Thanks,

RogersHassam 

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You could also try a different input point for the tv as well.  If you are using an HDMI cable, try an RGB cable set if you happen to have one available, or composite video cable.  That might show that the problem is with a specific input for the tv, and not necessarily the tv as a whole.  That might not totally help, but might point out that the tv isn't necessarily a write-off.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

As well as a different HDMI cable, you could try a different HDMI port.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

jimboden
I'm an Advisor

mixedbreed:

Do you have any other devices around that you can connect to your TV? (gaming console, DVD player, etc.).

it could also be the overscan of upconverted VBI information being displayed on the channel. if your TV set is set to 1x1 pixel mapping this might be more common but most tvs display the "safe" area and hide this, its either a setting in your tv or tv broken, can u take a pic for us to help you clarify if it is vbi information?

mixedbreed
I Plan to Stick Around

this tv in question is a standard definition

If you try to watch another source like a VCR or DVD or Video Game Console with your TV set, and still see the white lines on the top of the TV, chances are, its your TV set that has the problem and has Nothing to do with Rogers, the Rogers Set Top Box, or any thing related to Rogers Cable.

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 in conversation