which modem to pick? Will Bridge mode fix the common problems?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: which modem to pick? Will Bridge mode fix the common problems?

Unless the firmware on my DPC3825 is different, you don't neet to factory reset the modem to take it out of bridge mode. You can still login to the modem through the web interface and make the change.  I have mine hooked up to the WLAN port of my router and use 192.168.100.1.

@EddieDZ wrote:

did you disable the wireless before putting it into bridge mode Smiley Wink if you didnt then putting the modem into bridge mode does not disable the wireless. you might want to factory reset the modem (to undo the bridge mode) then go back into the settings via 192.168.x.x disable the wireless then put it back into bridge mode.

I've Been Here Awhile

I put mine into Bridge mode a few month ago after the wireless kept dropping on this garbage piece of hardware. Now I get every few days if not daily complete internet connection drops. I have to power cycle the modem and most times my own Cisco router. I am completely ticked off with this junk hardware. You would think Cisco wouldn't put their name on it if it was such garbage. BTW the Cisco cable boxes are garbage too.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just so you know its not across the board.

I have never once had to reboot my cisco modem since i switched to it.. so the drops, etc may be that specific box hardware, or something else causing it.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I got Cisco DPC 3825 about a week ago, immediately switched it into Bridge mode, turned of DHCP server and wireless and it has been rock solid since then. No complaints. Most of the work is done by my router.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While some people have experienced internet drops alltogher with it in non bridged mode.. its not ALL that bad for the router part (bar no parental controls).

Due to layout in my household, having it in NOT in bridged mode, saves me to 50+ft runs.  So i am currently running it as a ROUTER but not the wireless at all on it.. and do all the wireless on my router, with DHCP turned off on it.

I've Been Around

Really? you can get the D3 for free. I only get 15% discount for internet plan.