where is listing by channel and by name?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: where is listing by channel and by name?

As I've stated over and over again in past posts all over this board, such a list was always available from Rogers up until 2 or 3 years ago. For whatever devious reason, Rogers stopped providing these lists. Now you have to figure it out for yourself from two separate lists. First you have a list of channel NAMES you receive with your particular package. Then you have a list of ALL the channel NUMBERS with their NAMES you are able to receive in your area with your particular box, regardless of package.  From these two lists, you must compile your own list of what you're actually SUPPOSED to get. Then you can page through your Guide and see if you're actually GETTING what you're supposed to get.

I really don't understand why Rogers won't provide these lists anymore, unless it's because they're constantly removing and changing the channels we get and only notifying us in the small print at the bottom of our bills.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I will ask the advisor to communicate or allow me to communicate name and email.
I requested better user navigation to a webpage with all channels (by identifier and by channel number) on Sept 26th.
Nothing has been done to assist Rogers customers locate this information on the myRogers webpages.
I am wondering what the purpose is of the Rogers community forum. I a guessing (from Rogers perspective), it is a place where customers can help each other with Rogers concerns.
It appears Rogers needs another communications vehicle where customers can identify problems (other customers cannot solve) and Rogers will communicate when and to what extent each problem/concern will be addressed.
Revolutionary as this sounds (in a communications company), I will ask the 'advisor to the president' if this could be considered.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Here is the link I was given by the advisor to the president. Can't vouch for it currency.
www.rogers.com/web/portlets/consumer/ptv/browseFlow/channelLineUpLightbox.jsp?systemId=1&boxType=1
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@cwrb I have found similar pages from time to time by Googling, but that is the sort of thing we're looking for. The link you posted must be for your area (Toronto) and your particular package because many of the channel numbers don't match mine (Woodstock).

Note that your list has check marks in the column "Included with Basic Cable Service". Is that what you have, just Basic Cable? I can get a similar list by going to Rogers > TV > Channels > Find My Channel Lineup > Channels available with a Standard Definition (SD) Box > select my city from the dropdown and I get this popup . Note that it's very similar to your list except for the channel numbers that are different for Toronto and Woodstock.  Also, at the bottom of where I select the lineup it says "* Note: Availability of channels displayed will depend on your TV package ", so it's not what we're looking for.  I have VIP and get more channels and HD channels.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Now we see where the problem is. Rogers doesn't want to manage this list per area.
I have VIP also and wasn't happy with this list.
I guess Rogers has decided to disable communication on this previously provided feature ... that encourages new customers to sign up.
I believe a similar approach has been adopted for the monthly billing file details we used to be able to download.
Time to take the word "communication" out of the official company name.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@cwrb wrote:
I believe a similar approach has been adopted for the monthly billing file details we used to be able to download.

You are still able to download the 'paper' version of the bill.. albeit that the visual format of it has changed..

As well if DETAILED info is required (a list of every call, etc), you can ask to have detailed billing turned on, and will show that information (both on the website, and on the paper bill).
The detailed billing has been added BACK into the downloadable bill... (it was removed as a sperate download for a while)

Highlighted
I've Been Around

For a communications company that seems rather dumb.  With a half decent computer program Rogers should be able to provide a current listing of the channels in each package.  What this really means is that I have no real convenient way to tell what I am really paying for.  Very disappointing!!!!

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Flodur wrote:

For a communications company that seems rather dumb.  With a half decent computer program Rogers should be able to provide a current listing of the channels in each package.

If you look back in this thread (or another one like it) there was a user good with spresdsheets and databases who devised a way to generate a listing of channels for his package.  No doubt Rogers could commission someone to do it, but I think they're currently stretched to the limit trying to dig out of the Navgatr mess and the multitude of ongoing problems with the website.

Meanwhile all you can do is page through your Guide to see what you're receiving. If there's something you think you should be getting and aren't, call Rogers. If you're getting something you think you shouldn't, bonus!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

As I have indicated in the last, Rogers doesn't have enough respect for their customers. Why should they? There is no viable competition for Bell and Rogers in Canada.
The only ones who listen (but can't take action) is the community forum.
I advised how to locate a listing by channel number, in a previous post.
Reply if you can't find it.
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor