where do i go to get help on my very new xperia zl cell phone the locked up on me

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

where do i go to get help on my very new xperia zl cell phone the locked up on me

***edited labels***

BCB
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: where do i go to get help on my very new xperia zl cell phone the locked up on me

Hello nisgaaguy

By locked what you mean? We need more info so we can help u.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: where do i go to get help on my very new xperia zl cell phone the locked up on me

i normally turn the phone off at night, this morning i turned it on and there was a meassage asking for a PIN of which i do not remember being asked to enter any such PIN the cell phone is less than 1 month old

BCB
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

i have talked to rogers several times already and they don't seem to know what is going on

***edited labels***

BCB
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello nisgaaguy

Did you try taking out the sim card and turning on the phone to see if ut works?  Also  does it tell you what  kinda pin is asking for?

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

please provide the exact error message in it's entirety.

It could be a sim password or sim pin or device password or unlock code that the device is looking for.

SIM password - if you enter a sim password wrong too many times it will ask for a SIM pin.

SIM pin - provided by Rogers  - if you have entered the pin wrong too many times it destroys the sim. Replace sim. Meow mix is correct if you remove the sim and get sim not found instead of pin error then it is probably a sim pin request.

device password - if device still asks for pin without sim in device it is a device password ... which no-one can reset. enter it wrong to many times it will wipe your device. Then you can enter a new password and use the device like new or restore from a previous backup.

Unlock code - you can google unlock codes or pay rogers to provide unlocking instructions.

Thanks