weather channel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogersCilio
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: weather channel

Hey @Alex4161,

Great to hear, thanks for the heads up Smiley Happy!

Cheers,

RogersCilio

Alex4161
I'm a Reliable Contributor

hello

it appears that channel 586 is breaking up again on all TV's in the home.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Have you called Rogers to have them check the signal strength and S/N ratio, or do it yourself?  These sorts of issues can be due to a marginal signal on certain channels. The higher QAM frequency channels are usually the first to go.

SS should be above -10dB and preferably close to zero and not above +10dB.  S/N ratio should be above 33dB.

The issue could either be inside the home our outside in your neighbourhood.  As temperatures drop outside (or inside), sometimes the connections outside can be marginal as the metals contract and the signal can come back as temperatures rise and the metal expands again.

A poor signal is the cause of the vast majority of these sorts of issues.  Can you temporarily remove upstream splitters, or move the equipment closer to the demarcation point in your home to see if that has any effect?

Alex4161
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hi

there is an opened network issue and it was a confirmed transmission  issue and not signal related.ticket ID is C116768405

thanks

Markfburke
I've Been Here Awhile

Why is the Weather Channel - "currently not available" on Ch 23 or 586 in Toronto
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Markfburke:

Working fine for me here in uptown TO.

Ellen1629
I've Been Here Awhile

I am not getting any reception on my channel 21 Weather Network in Ottawa. I am forced to watch the HD channel 586, which is not helpful as the local information is not shown on the big screen but relegated to a few seconds in either a little box or a one liner. National weather is not helpful for my daily needs. I need my local station back.

When will channel 21 be working again? This is one of the features that keeps me with Rogers.
Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

Seems to be working here. 

1.  Make sure your cable connections are tight.

2. The local feed is also available on channel 191 in Ottawa - does it work on that channel?

3.  To get a quick weather update, use the "D" button on your remote to activate the weather app.

Ellen1629
I've Been Here Awhile

Connections are good and only channels 21 and 191 are blank. Thanks for the D button tip.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Black Channels (if the channels themselves are "transmitting") are usually the result of a poor signal in your home or neighbourhood. Here's a post on that topic. You can call Rogers to have them check the signal - they can do this remotely, or you can check the signal on that channel yourself, per the link:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M422...

Most people today use the internet or an app to check the weather, either by phone, tablet or computer. Here are a couple of links for the Ottawa weather:

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/weather/ontario/ottawa

https://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/on-118_metric_e.html