voicemail to text, & text to speech

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sexyrexy
I've Been Here Awhile

voicemail to text, & text to speech

Hey there,

I used to have a Sony Expera x-10 last summer. I`m not sure how it happened, but, i started to receive text messeges of what people were leaving in on my voicemail,,,  Was Pretty cool...!!! Unfortunately, got the X-10 wet (crapped out on me) & I had to switch to my back-up phone. It wasn`t working on the back-up. Anyways, i have since bought a New Galaxy Nexus, and am wondering if i can get this feature (voicemail to text) on the Nexus,,,??? Is it an App, or a paid feature,,,???  Also. to take it a step further, is there an App or Rogers feature that will transmit the text messeges i receive, to speech, so i can just listen to what someone is texting me,,,???      And, yes, i am lazy...!!!      Any1 have any answers for me..??

sexyrexy

******* Edit labels ********

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: voicemail to text, & text to speech

It's part of your rogers package. Fyi there's no additional charge for the texts you receive from voice mail. But there may be charges if you reply via text.
Stagger
I Plan to Stick Around

"Vlingo Virtual Assistant" (Free in the market) will read your text messages, among other things.

sexyrexy
I've Been Here Awhile

Ya, thanks guys,,,

Just needed to be pointed in the right direction. Am playing around with TTS apps and different voice apps. Hope ta have it all figured out, and running smoothly soon. I`ll keep you posted on the outcome. Again, Thanks for the input,,,!!! Cheers,,,!!!