updating Samsung sgh -1927R (Galaxy S Glide) to Android Ice Cream Sandwich

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

updating Samsung sgh -1927R (Galaxy S Glide) to Android Ice Cream Sandwich

Samsung Kies is not recognizing that the device is available for an upgrade from Android 2.3 to 4.0. Any other ways of upgrading?

****Edited Labels****

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: updating Samsung sgh -1927R (Galaxy S Glide) to Android Ice Cream Sandwich

Hello sluken

That is the ONLY way to upgrade your phone to the latest software unless it can do OTA updates. I would contact Samsung Canada and see if the techs can help you out on their end. Rogers wont be able to help much and will just tell you to try Kies.
I've Been Around

I was told that all Software updates have to come from Rogers directly becuase they have their own stuff that they put into the OS?  I'ave been trying to find out about the upgrade since May - with no satisfactory response.

Frankly, I'm not sure we will ever see one - Rogers doesn't even list this device in their support area.

I've Been Around

Can anyone at Rogers tell us the status of this upgrade for the Samsung S Glide to ICS?

I was also told when I got it that there was going to be one.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello eyg

There is no official word for the Glide to grt the ICD update yet from what I heard
I'm a Senior Contributor

I'm pretty sure you'll have to root and install a custom ROM on this device to get ICS.  I highly doubt Rogers will release an update for this phone.

I've Been Around

i have this galaxy s glide, i am in uae, when they are going to give us an update for this ginger bird...

I'm a Senior Contributor

You won't be seeing an update for the Glide. It was not a successful phone in Canada, so both Samsung and Rogers won't make the effort to get an ics update created. You'll have to install a custom rom if you want ics.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mebin2004

Rogers & Samsung will NOT be updating the Samsung Glide to any new updates. The phone did not sell as well like AnonymousUser said thus Samsung & Rogers will not put the effort to update the phone.