cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unregistered sim card

vkravets
I've Been Here Awhile

How do i deal with this? just got a new phone and I cant call rogers from it  or do anything with it? any suugestions?

******* Edit labels ********

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: unregistered sim card

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

You can always go into your local Rogers plus store & they will help you with it more if you can not call Rogers. They will also let you use their phone in order to call Rogers as well if they can not fix the issue.

@shaggy. He could be posting from a friends computer / library or another place with a computer lol.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor
Could you explain the situation in a bit more detail? It's a new phone? It came with a Sim? Or it's an old Sim from another phone/carrier?

shaggyskunk
Can't you call rogers from a friends place?

vkravets
I've Been Here Awhile

I lost my previous phone so the person i went to blocked it and sent me a new phone with new sim card I tryed unblocking it via my account it still didnt work

vkravets
I've Been Here Awhile

haha yeah but id have to call a friend first....its a closed circle i did send an email to rogers customer service ..no reply

shaggyskunk
Google Voice from your p. c.? To call rogers?

vkravets
I've Been Here Awhile

awsome stuff I dont have one I'm just gonna stop by the store on my way from work and get them to do it ty for the response

shaggyskunk
Well, if you don't have one.... how are you posting?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

You can always go into your local Rogers plus store & they will help you with it more if you can not call Rogers. They will also let you use their phone in order to call Rogers as well if they can not fix the issue.

@shaggy. He could be posting from a friends computer / library or another place with a computer lol.

View solution in original post

shaggyskunk
Yeah or he could be using his Two Tin Cans & String Device on the Wookie Network... 🙂

vbpatel
I Plan to Stick Around

& you thought posting msg here will help? Smiley Frustrated you have to use payphone or borrow somebody's phone & call rogers customer service.. 

vkravets wrote:

haha yeah but id have to call a friend first....its a closed circle i did send an email to rogers customer service ..no reply

shaggyskunk
"I lost my previous phone so the person i went to blocked it and sent me a new phone with new sim card I tryed unblocking it via my account it"
Sounds bizarre & fishy?

a. I have the same problem only its a brand new phone
b. I want to rant about people posting that you should go find help elsewhere, your the ones who need to go find help elsewhere, help on what constitutes advice. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Well we are giving him options on what to do. I am sure if he can post here, he can see that there is a live tech support agent chat you are able to speak to online without calling in. IF he can not use his phone because the sim card is not register yet he or you could always go to the nearest Rogers plus store or any Rogers authorized dealer & have them register the sim card into your account while you are there.
Here is the link to the Contact Us from Rogers. You will see on the left side some panels & one of them will say " LIve Support" CLick that & add some info & you are set, you are able to speak to live support agents without using your phone, just a computer.

https://www.rogers.com/web/content/contactus

UTANE0707N
I've Been Around
How to register a Rogers sim?i just bought it today but I can't use it even though I'm using a Rogers phone.pls help me with it.tnx

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello UTANE0707N

You need to register the sim card to your Rogers account. Call into Rogers and have them register the sim card for you. You will need to read out the sim card numbers in order for the rep to add it.

You can also register the sim card via online if you have a My Rogers account. Log into my Rogers - Overview - Change Sim. You will need to add your current sim card numbers in one box and on the other box it will tell you to add the new sim card numbers.

You can also go into a Rogers store and have then activate the sim card to your line as well.

mobilesupport1
I Plan to Stick Around

Just go to network setting and change operator selection from manual to automatic. this will look for gsm cdma network as per your sim card. Even you can manually search network and register on roger network also.

As you have bought new mobile and that is why such thing happen i assume you have older sim which was activated on your old phone.

One more thing make sure your new mobile have legal imei number.

Topic Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 in conversation