unlocking iphone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
huubvanhughten
I've Been Around

Re: unlocking iphone

Hello all,

it seems that there is no way to unlock my old 3GS. I am from Germany and I bought my Iphone 3 years ago during my vacancy in Canada. Without any contract an never used in Canada.

I have no Rogers account and sim-card, a prepaid account would be a solution - but Rogers doesn´t ship the cards outside from Canada.

I would like to unlock it, I agree with the 50 Dollar fee ( others like AT&T and Telekom do it for free ) but ............

The girls at Rogers are very friendly and tried to help me - but they do not know a solution for me.

Can somebody help me?

Thank you

Henri

romlen
I've Been Around

Re: unlocking iphone 3gs

I have my nephews old I phone 3gs that was purchased on contract 3 yrs ago he now has i phone 5 and gave me this one It was supose to be ublocked and I am on telus pay as u go so need it unlocked now how do i get this to work for me?

vinay12
I Plan to Stick Around

@slaurist wrote:

I am considering purchasing a used iphone, which was on the Rogers network previously, but I do not use Rogers. Is it possible to get the phone unlocked so I can use it with my provider? 

Yes ! you can unlock your iPhone from rogers. Contact  your service provider to deliver unlocking service to unlock your  iPhone.

**Edited for content**

mackoo
I've Been Here Awhile

@slaurist wrote:

I am considering purchasing a used iphone, which was on the Rogers network previously, but I do not use Rogers. Is it possible to get the phone unlocked so I can use it with my provider? 

Unlocking an iphone can be done either by contacting the service provider or using online services. Online services is prefered as unlocking can be done from any where in the world. You can contact Prounlocking to unlock your iphone where they provide you with remote unlocking service, but you should provide the country from where it is purchased. They provide you with free unlocking instructions as you can unlock it step by step.

**edited for content**

Duble_Kille
I've Been Here Awhile

Unlock iphone

So I recently got a new locked iphone 5s. I activated it by a Pay As You Go number instead of the original number which is in a 3-year contract. So can I unlock it after 90 days? If so, should I call customer service or I can go any retail store to unlock it? And how am I gonna pay for the $50 then?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Unlock iphone

Hello Duble_kille

You need to have the iPhone 5S registered to a Rogers wireless account. This means pay as you go will not work. You need to have the IMEI number registered to the account. I would give Rogers a call and see what can happen. Sadly the rules are the phone must be on a Rogers wireless account and the IMEI number must be on the account for 90 days unless the phone is bought out straight from Rogers.
Duble_Kille
I've Been Here Awhile

I think my iPhone is actually registered to a Rogers wireless account since it came from a contract with Rogers. Is that what you mean?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Duble_kille

It has to be on your account, not someone elses. If you got the phone from your account ( opened a new line or upgrade a line you had) and then line is still active, you are fine. If the phone is second bought meaning you bought it from someone else, then that person needs to unlock it if they have a Rogers line or you need to have a Rogers wireless account active to do it.