unable to use Rogers Anyplace TV app on HTC smartphone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

unable to use Rogers Anyplace TV app on HTC smartphone

I installed Rogers Anyplace TV app on my HTC smartphone, which is not using Rogers' wireless service. When I clicked to open the app, a screen came up asking for authentication on Rogers mobile account (which I don't have), and there was no way to bypass it. I read the FAQ and it said something about being able to bypass this screen if I am not a Rogers wireless customer. Does anyone know how to do so?

***edited labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: unable to use Rogers Anyplace TV app on HTC smartphone

Hello namsilat

In order to use the Rogers Anyplace TV app, you need to be a Rogers wireless customer. Then when it Authinticates you, you can turn on WiFi & it will work. This has always been in place. There is no way to by pass it unless you are a Rogers wireless customer & have a monthly plan with them. It says it on the Google Play store as well..

"Note: On your smartphone, for our Live TV content only, you must connect to the Rogers wireless network first, before switching over to WiFi. This network verification on startup is required for subscription authentication. As a result, Live TV viewing is not compatible on devices without access to a network, such as Android devices only on WiFi. However, our On Demand content will be available."

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quickplay.rodo&feature=more_from_developer#?t=W251...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You only get 5 hrs of viewing live TV correct? Does this only count when using mobile data? i.e. if you use WiFi will it count againts the 5 hrs?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello alamarco

The 10hrs of viewing is ONLY on data if i am not wrong. Best thing to do is contact Rogers & ask them. I sometimes use Rogers Anytime Place & i know for sure that i use more then 5hrs a month on it but on WiFi. Read below for more info

"You can view content over your wireless network or via WiFi connection. If using the Rogers 3G or LTE network, for only $5/month, customers can enjoy 10 hours of viewing on their device (overage fee is $1/hour/month) - any time, any place. This fee is only if you are viewing content over the Rogers wireless network, and will be prompted when selecting an eligible title - or you can subscribe upfront within the "Settings>My Account>My Subscriptions" section of the application. To unsubscribe, go to "My Subscriptions" and click the "Unsubscribe" button. As a special promotion, we will be waiving the overage fees until October 31, 2013. Get UNLIMITED viewing of fantastic programming for only $5/month! Note: data usage may apply to some advertising appearing with on demand content viewed through the app."

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the info. 🙂

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello alamarco

You are welcome!:).
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

So what's the app the use for IOS and Android devices if someone is a Rogers TV/VIP subscriber?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello namsilat

You need to be a Rogers wireless customers to be able to get that app. That is how Rogers wants it. The app needs to access the Rogers network to work.

ITunes : https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/rogers-anyplace-tv/id373582438?mt=8

Android : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quickplay.rodo&hl=en
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

As usual, Rogers are being pig-headed.  The App works fine on a tablet - no possibility of connecting any way except Wifi.  So, with a phone, you can only register if you use Rogers wireless, but once registered you can use Wifi so you don't need the Wireless - typical Rogers rip-off.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello px03afk

Its most likely due to register your Rogers number for it to work on the phones. I heard it will change but no ETA or anything has been said yet.